Original Road Test from Turbo and Hi-Tech Magazine link

Irid

Hey all,

In the process of putting information about my TTA online to assist with its sale I've posted all of the pages from Turbo and Hi-Tech Performance with the original road test and dyno session. I haven't seen this posted anywhere else, so I thought it may be of interest to everyone.

You can check it out by clicking on the thumbnails of the article here: http://home.comcast.net/~houseofnovak/TTA.htm

And if you're looking for a TTA, you can find one for sale there too :cool:

Very nice presentation. Good luck finding a new home for it :)

I've never seen the article from the May 1989 _Turbo and High Performance_ before this....:D I enjoyed it.

The writers of that article make an important distinction between the "prototype" TTA and the actual production cars. There were, evidently, some differences in the turbos on the prototype and production cars, giving reasons for the pre-release quarter mile results ranging from 14.2 to 13.2 seconds.

Also of interest in that article were some more differences between the GN and TTA engine, fuel pump, (larger) turbine housing, (larger) turbo wastegate oriface design, and, modified wastegate controler. :cool:

Of additional interest....Their dyno numbers, while low, revealed a 40 hp gain over the 87 GN and 20 hp gain over the GNX....WOW!

Not hyjacking your thread, just enjoying the information you posted in your website. How long will you leave the website up?

Where did you get that MAF pipe and Up Pipe? Is the up pipe a stock fit? Also where did you get the filter that had the plug in for that sensor? I'm wanting to get things just like these but have been unsure of what will actually fit correctly.

Thanks, I thought everyone would get a kick out of that article. I had to dig through the archives to find it ;-) I did like the references to GN and GNX vs. TTA power differences when dead stock (and new!), I know there are threads at length discussing that topic. :D

I am planning on taking the site down whenever the car sells, so by all means DL the articles or anything else you want from it. That Turbo article should find its way to one of the perminant TTA archives somewhere...

As for the up pipes and such, I believe they are from John's Performance or ATR, but they were installed by the previous owner so I don't know the exact source (but both items are in the above catalogs). The up pipe is a stock fit. The K&N filter is simply a K&N filter with a hole drilled in it for the probe. You should be able to find one at your local performance shop and then cut the hole yourself.

Enjoy!