Oreilly's or Auto Zone?Which do you guys prefer?

2QWIK4U

Just wondering cause Oreilly stores are starting to pop up all over South & North Carolina right now.Are their parts any good?Warranty?Can the electrical parts be trusted,ex:alternators,starters,relays,sensors,etc.
Do they stand behind the warranty or try to blow you off?

O'riellys is usually cheaper than autozone and have stuff like 1LE 12" brake rotors for B-body spindle swap in stock. The guys that work at O'rielly's seem to be more car guys and less girls who need a job to support their dadless kids or old guys that need a job because they got laid off from job they had for 30 years.

As far as warranty goes, autozone HAS to have a good warranty or nobody would buy anything from them. I'm on my 4th battery in two years from AZ (good thing there was free replacement, though they tried to sell me a new battery twice before I told them "this battery is only 6 months old!")

Orielly, for the following reason/rant/story. I walk in one day about close, and get some really wierd part I can't recall and the guy's like "what's this going on?" I start shooting the breeze with him about how I wanna hop up a minivan with a turbo motor. He starts going on an on for a bit, and then asks "what are you going to do next, turbo a caravan?" To which I reply, "It's been done, factory 89 and 90." Me and him start getting into an arguement about it a bit, one of the other guys walks up so we both lay down some money on it. Low and behold, after doing some looking in the computer I was right. I'm sure he *never* heard the end of that one.
I usually do all right when looking for an "odd" part, most of the time I can get someone who knows what I'm looking for to one extent or another.

They are both full of idiots here. That is why I go to Napa, or our local chain of auto parts stores.

I have had good experiences at both places, but I think that it comes down to the people working behind the counter. I tend to go to the store that has knowledgable, customer service oriented employees. I say try an O'reillys out near your house...if you like it, stick with it. I have never had problems with the quality of their parts and they seem to be priced the same as other stores.

I worked at Oreillys through high school, and can safely say our top of the line parts are better than theres and I like the way the counters at Oreillys work (get your part and pay at the same place) Don't buy Oreillys 1 yr warrenty starters or alternators.... pure crap. Overall Oreillys is a little more expensive but is a better place. Both have idiots working there most of the time.

I'll have to try O'Reillys then. Once got into a rather heated argument over a set of spark plugs with a dum-arse at auto zone. with an old plug in my hand!

Napa............ was a manager for 2.5 yrs. Parts are kick ass, and they have all the parts for diy alky and powerstroke IC's. N A P A

Well Im kinda biased

I do believe in shopping around and I do call the other stores to see if they have the part availabe at a better price. I would recommend buying the gates hoses and belts at oreilys if the customer wanted a "good" hose for their race car. The AZ I work at was just named the best store in our region, the manager of they year, and I actually won a salesman award. I think it all has to do with the manager's skill in hiring automotive minded people. I am actually great friends with most of the guys at oreilys, and would buy most of my parts there if I didnt get a discount at AZ. The only thing that I dont like is oreilys policy that if they know we are from AZ, they will not sell us parts, because they think that we are going to resell them. Might just be a local policy, but it is still messed up. They're still getting their money right? That's the only real problem I have with the local oreilys.

Jerry Berger

I can't stand either. My horror stories with AZ could fill a book. Advance Auto has given me the least amount of troubles, and I goto NAPA if I need something that requires input. I sure to miss Parts America.