Orange stripe converter installed, question

Dennis F

So I finally got this installed yesterday and it drives fine. Only thing is it seems no different from the converter that was in there (I am 99% sure it was stock)

I let it heat up and burped the system several times making sure fluid was right. I then get on it in front of my house trying to get it to stall, but at like 2300 rpm's and about 3psi it just breaks the tires loose.

I also just redid the whole brake system, switched to vacuum components, all brand new parts as well, SS brake lines and a complete bleed. The car stops well and I think it would hold the tires if it should stall around 3000 like advertised.

I am still trying to learn how these converters work, maybe I am missing something? ANy help is appreciated.

Relevent mods before anyone asks,

PTE 6152
CAI
009's
Boost set to 12 psi for now
FMIC with custom piping
And a extender chip from full throttle (I think it was that chip, maybe a commander?

Can anyone tell me if my car is just not stalling? Why it might be locking up at such a low RPM?

Can anyone tell me if my car is just not stalling? Why it might be locking up at such a low RPM?

It will stall almost stock for driving,But it SHOULD be able to build more boost at the line and reach a higher rpm against the brakes.

The one i ran would reach 3000 rpms and 15-18#s
But it will not reach 3000 till a fair amount of boost is made

I actually ran into this TODAY also. I was installing a different brand of converter, but on street tires it only gets about 200 rpm higher than the stock D5, and then it just breaks the tires loose. It does feel a bit looser just tooling around town though.

These cars can't really shock the converter, so unless it's got traction, it's still gonna spin the tires before it gets a chance to creep up too high. Does it feel any different from a slow roll, or just nailing it from a stop?

Forget restalling the D5's and get a smaller converter like a 9.5 and let the tire roasting begin!!!:eek: There is a night and day difference between them.

i put the orange stripe in my car and love it it stall around 3200 i lock the e brake hold th pedal down to 10 lbs and let it rip with the tires i had on be for it would smoke them like crazy i put on 17" mt s it hock nice 167 r t

the good old ebrake launch. the poor mans trans brake. only problem is its really hard on the backing plates.