Options for mechanical oil pressure gauge?

mikec1969

Where is the best place to connect a mechanical oil pressure gauge? Right now it's mounted on the passenger side of the block at the front where the factory oil sender appears to be. I would prefer the oil line for the gauge to be at the back of the block. Are there any oil plugs there? TIA.

Must guys want to know what the pressure is at the turbo, mine is "T" in at that location, it's very easy to get at and do. But get rid of that plastic line and get a copper one, so you only have to do it once.

Chuck

Chuck,
What preesure range do you commonly see at the turbo? My car sees 60psi cold and 20 warm at the front of the block. thanks.

Just my opinion, but I would not run a mech oil press guage. If that line breaks you are in a world of hurt. Saw a car at the track a few months ago catch on fire because of a broken oil pressure line.

mikec1969

Your pressure is exactly what mine is. I've been running a mechanical gauge for 20 yrs and the only problem that I had was that plastic line that came with the gage gets brittle over time. So I just ran a copper line and now no problems. Brian Cotton just put my 87 motor in and he re-hooked up the gage to the turbo with a "T". I can get a picture if you need it.
Good Luck,
Chuck