Opinions on new engine build

413turbo

I've been gathering parts for 2 years now. here's what i have.
4.1 291 block
stock polished crank and rods
4" forged pistons
girdle
powerstroke intercooler
6765 bb bilit turbo
rjc 5" downpipe to 3" with new large puck
mildly ported stock heads

i was planning on a 218/218 cam, but am looking at the full throttle x2 or x3 and edelbrock 204/214 also. anyone with some experience here?

have 60's now, but will probably step up to 120's - i do play around with the e85.

i have no goals, because it can never be fast enough. it's just a street car anyway:redface: ok, i'm asking for opinios, let'em fly...

Not ...

familiar w/the turbo 6765, but looks good to me.:biggrin: Should be a screamer!:eek:

Looks like a pretty decent combo. The only thing I'd change is the rods and pistons. Going with a longer rod and shorter piston will cost more but the dwell time on the top and bottom of stroke will charge it better and cut down on detonation issues.

charlie,
i looked for a long time for the longer rods. even called ohio mike. i finally gave up and went with the stock. gotta remember, most everything i'm using is used, and what i could find.

bump, crickets

oh yeah, 3000 stall l/u

Id limit the combo/boost to make enough power to trap 130mph or less and be sure there is no detonation for longevity with the production 4.1 block. You will need more than 60's with E85. Id go for 8.5:1 and run at most a 212/212 roller 112 LS with about .500 lift at the valve. No more than that and roller for sure. Id probably use a 206/206 if it were mine since id stay conservative on the power with the crack prone decks of the 4.1's. Id look into a PTC 9.5" NL and some parts to strengthen the trans/rear and driveshaft before i spent more $ on the engine. Personally id have gone with a 6765 journal and used the extra $ on a PTC 9.5".

My car is a pure street that will probably never see a track. I went with the full throttle 210/215 roller and am happy with the performance. I'm also running the biggest nitto drag radials I could fit and still can be surprised on the 1-2 shift.:D

charlie,
i looked for a long time for the longer rods. even called ohio mike. i finally gave up and went with the stock. gotta remember, most everything i'm using is used, and what i could find.

bump, crickets

oh yeah, 3000 stall l/u

Well you could use a set of early 3.0 rods. I looked at them as an alternative but got the deal on the 6.65". Someone just sold a set of 6.65" Carrillos in the the for sale section. Sorry you missed them.