my build, power/ time estimations?

TurboJames

hey guys, so I've been at this for a couple years now, still a noob lol. So, i was curious after getting my motor rebuilt, to see what kind of power and or track times you pros would guesstimate for me..
I have the following

4.1L block (291)
4" JE forged pistons
RJC girdle
218/212 comp roller cam with upgraded timing chain
ARP head studs
the 3.8 heads, fully ported and polished with beehive springs,with larger stainless valves
3.8 turbo crank
Port & polished upper lower with polished hmco upper
50# injectors with erics TT chip
6465 turbonetics dual BB with HD actuator
Gn1 super extreme intercooler
Razors ally kit,
Racetronix hotwire kit, fuel sender with 340 Pump
wideband, oil psi, knock gauge, scan master
moog 5658 lowering springs (front)
rebuilt trans with a coan 3500 NLU
race springs and shocks for the rear, with airbags on both sides
UMI adjustable uppers and umm boxed lowers
have the slicks, hoosiers 29x9x15

last summer i had the 4.1 with hyper pistons,
a edelbrock flat tap cam 214/214,
eastern performance intercooler,
stock converter, with stock springs in front and rear.
some half dead MT slicks, 10.5x28x15
and i had a horrid 10.0 AFR leaving the line with 3" of vacuum because i couldn't build boost off the line lol
Managed to get a personal best of 12.19@115

After the track days were over, i had a feeling something was wrong... well luckily to my knowledge, after bringing the motor in.. 6 cam lobes were gone, couple pistons had chatter ( forget exactly which), and the main bearings were pretty shot. Thats why i got the HD rebuild! What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Hard to say without knowing boost, timing, rpms, fuel, transbrake?

You have the components to break more parts if not tuned correctly.

I have not gotten the engine back from the builder, should be this week. I will probably keep it around 20 psi, hoping for a 11.0 AFR or close.. as for timing... whatever erics chip comes with.. haven't touched it before.. leaving off footbrake no transbrake

IMO ...with your combination, you c a n make enough HP to snap that stock crank...if you keep it conservative around 600,you may be fine. If you crank down on the wastegate and get some 80lb ,or so, injectors, tune accordingly,...you could make serious HP of 7-750? ,variables apply.

What Mr. Spool has said. The 50s should be good for you to get the boot for no roll bar, after that I'ld look at injectors and a maybe a different converter. .