Operational Parameters

Looks like IAC is adjusted wrong, you need to turn the screw up a bit more. Try this one more cranking fuel again.

Attachments

• 082612 GNE85 V1.3.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 67
Thanks Norbs I'll try it when I get home from work tonight. What should the IAC be reading when adjusted correctly?

About 15-20 or so in park hot idle is fine.

Took even longer to start this time. I adjusted the iac then recorded after that I got another error code 8.

Attachments

• v1.3 start.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 48
  • v1.3 iac adjust.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 52
1st of all your 2nd log file is corrupt it wont open. 2nd after cranking did you check if the plugs were wet or bone dry? Something is going on with your error 8... Go readjust the tps settings by hitting the auto cal feature flooring the tps and releasing and turning the key off. 3rdly I want you to put it in open loop at hot idle IN GEAR and adjust your ve table until you get an AF of 9.00 or the leanest stable AF ratio that it will idle smoothly at. Then we can do another cold start.

Here's the file again it's something with the winzip that's causing that. I'll try to get to all that when I get home from work tonight. Now to get the the af should I adjust the target af table? your saying I can adjust it on the base ve table? Right now the target af table is set around 9.1 should I lower it there or should I lower the base ve table at closed loop until those numbers are below 9

Attachments

• v1.3 iac adjust.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 45
Don't touch the af table those numbers are good, closed loop can cause a lot of fluctations at idle I prefer to set groups of cells in open loop, hot idle and in gear, until you get it running smooth.......IAC looks better was this in park?

Yes it was in park and warmed up. I didn't get to work on it last night and probably won't get to it until tomorrow. Working late these last couple of days.

Tried starting the car and pulled the plug and it was dry. I haven't put it in gear and tried tuning the base ve table like you said yet I'll try getting to it this weekend

You sure are a busy person, at least we know its not getting flooded out, so more fuel can be added. This one has 5% more cranking fuel than the last ,test it out.

Attachments

• 082612 GNE85 V1.4.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 56
Thanks Norbs. Yes I'm a very busy person I've got a wife and 2 kids a house that usually has something broken that I need to fix not to mention the renovations my wife decides for me to do all the time and a job that I can be called anytime to go to and hours that stink. I work a lot of weekends and a lot of long hours. But it helps me pay for the car so its not all bad.

Went out to the garage to put the new file in and start the car but it's dead. Crank light is blinking on the xfi and that's it. I can't get the C-Com software to connect. Don't know why the battery is dead it's maybe a year old optima red top? Put the trickle charger on it and I guess I'll figure it out tomorrow. I started it a couple of times over the last week and didn't let it run that long I'm thinking that's what caused it.

Sounds like its toast......your cranking volts under 10 volts is a bad sign already.

I don't want to run out and get a new battery if that's not the cause what else might cause this? I've got a 200amp alternator and upgraded the positive battery cable to caspers high current one. Could the starter cause these problems? It's a mini starter that I got years ago so it's the only questionable thing that I can think of. I know caspers harness to the xfi has lights on it do they stay on all the time? I can't imagine that they draw enough power to kill a battery.

Okay the trickle charger/battery maintainer charged the battery and the check battery light wasn't on for whatever that's worth. From post to post I have 12.9v after starting the car I have 14.7 from post to post and at the alternator. I wasn't logging starting this one cause I wanted to get it started and tune the base ve table which I did. In gear I got actual af down to 8.8. I do have to mention it started well with the new file so tomorrow I'll log another cold start. Any suggestions in the mean time?

Not that I can think of, but keep leaning the aAF hot idle until the idle becomes unstable, then you know your limits, do this in gear also.

Haven't had much time with the car to try and fix this problem but here is the latest log file. It had a hard time starting today probably due to the cold weather. Pulled plugs 1 and 3 and they were dry as a bone.

Attachments

• 92812.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 63
No problem................try this it has more cold start fuel by 7%

Attachments

• 082612 GNE85 V1.5.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 47
Still didn't start right up. Didn't get a chance to pull plugs. Do you think bigger injectors would help with this issue?

Attachments

• 93012.zip
    9 KB · Views: 55