Operational Parameters

turbojitsu85

Just curious what everyone's are at? I'm having a few issues. One being it takes a while to start the car.I'll turn the key and let it crank 3-4 times then stop then I'll turn the key and it starts right up. I've messed with the the cranking fuel table and the cts correction and depending on what I do the car is either to rich or to lean I can't seam to find a sweet spot. The other problem is that when it starts it's idling real high. I'm not sure how to correct this. I've looked at the idle follower which is really high until the car warms up. I want to get bigger injectors but I'd like to fix this problem before I thow something new into the mix. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Starting all depends where the cam sensor stops after the last start, so the starting time will vary. Throttle follower is based on TPS not temperature , you need to adjust IAC starting postion vs coolant temp. Its normal for a car to rev high then low, all the new EFI cars do it. It helps clean out the starting fuel. It shoud go to about 1300 rpm and then settle down. Do a data log you can see the AF ratio after it starts if its too rich or lean.

I understand that starting depends on where the cam sensor stopped this is different .It will crank forever and won't start until I try to start it after it's been cranked on. I'll do the data log and post up once I have results later today.

make sure you log as soon as you see 50 rpm at 20 frames /sec

Ok I logged a2 files let me know what you think not sure I did it right.

Attachments

• 2 log files.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 70
No the logs do not start at 50 rpm........with a cold motor, and your logging way to many items, stop at 24, It seems it wont log past 24 items, i thought it would but I guess this proves I am wrong.

KPA, RPM, PSIA, CTS.CORR,AFT.CORR, COOLANT TEMP, AIR TEMP, ACTUAL AF, BPW, TPS, IAC TARGET, VE, O2 CORRECTION, LEARNING, ESC, RETARD, SPARK ADVANCE, CAM BTDC, ERROR CODE, CODE 2,

Okay let me try this again. 2 log files with all the stuff you said I thought I told it to start at 50rpm but I didn't see it start to record so I tapped the space bar. While i was saving the first log file the car stuttered and dyed. I couldn't get it started again without giving the pedal a little gas. This was after it was started and was running for a minute or two. It had never done this so I recorded the second log file. let me know. thanks

Attachments

• record dash log file.zip
    13.4 KB · Views: 75
Looks like your Throttle blade is adjusted wrong. iac is too far open (turn screw in at TB) .and your cam sensor is not working properly its stuck at 2?

Looks like your Throttle blade is adjusted wrong. iac is too far open (turn screw in at TB) .and your cam sensor is not working properly its stuck at 2?
When you say turn it in so screw it clockwise and make the tention on the spring tighter? As for the cam sensor is there a way to try fixing that? I have a spare I guess I'll just replace it and hope the spare is working.

Yes more tension on spring. You may want to make sure your firmware is up to date also. Cam sensor should read 85, keep adjusting it see if your on screen number changes.

I replaced the cam sensor last night and had to do an oil change on the car anyway but didn't get any tuning in. if I get off of work at a reasonable time today and am not exhausted I might be able to get to it tonight.

Not sure how to check the firmware so I didn't do that and I only adjusted the iac just a little bit cause I wasn't sure how much to adjust. But I set the cam sensor replaced it with an old one I had and it reads at 88 now. Heres the new log file it didn't start right away but I did figure out how to arm the trigger this time to start recording at 50rpm.

Attachments

• dash log 81712.zip
    9 KB · Views: 68
What exact injectors are you using? Can you zip up the program and attach it?

Lets see if I did it right this time.

Attachments

• 081612 GNE85 fuel tables revised with timing.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 57