One of the "un" fortunate 547

My car needed more parts than that, I fixed it. LOTS OF TIME, LOTS OF MONEY, but I fixed it. I love the fact that I know it has all new stuff. No changing suspensions, no pullin tanks, no pullin trans, engine, etc.

i have fixed alot worse it should be worth a easy 10,000 if it has a good title rebuild it for 20,000 and sell for 50,000 profit 20,000 and have a great time doing it.

i have fixed alot worse it should be worth a easy 10,000 if it has a good title rebuild it for 20,000 and sell for 50,000 profit 20,000 and have a great time doing it.

the $10K number is exactly what i had in mind.

But

its a junk car only worth $3000.00 - can i come pick it up now?, what about tonight?, tomorrow morning??.:biggrin:

If it was "only" a GN or T, may not be worth the hassle, totally dependant on price. But, for a GNX, that price vs worth my time/money changes drastically. It would be a cool project (long term) to work on. Buy it, let it sit in the corner of a big garage or shop. Slowly disassemble and figure out what is good and bad, making note of what is needed. The stuff that is GNX only, but no longer usable, put it away on a shelf in case you ever did resell, etc. A lot of the underhood stuff (hard parts) look salvageable. A lot of media blasting, painting, powdercoating, etc. Sad the dash is melted, but # plates should be "available".

Depending on price, it should be saved. I wish had the loot. Anyone who saw the orig ad have a price??????

Wonder what number it is? Looks like it still has original tires so I wonder if the mileage was fairly low. It's a shame it happened and I feel for the owner. $10K is exactly what I thought when I saw the pics. Major project, but someone very skilled in restoration that can do most work themselves should come out alright.

It would make a fun project. Hell you could buy a decent GN and use it for parts and be way ahead of the game

I can't find the phone number and the ad is gone. I called him within a couple hours of the ad being posted and he had already had several calls about it. It was owned by an old wealthy man in Charleston, who also owned several high dollar European exotics that were all stored in the same warehouse with the GNX. The old man employed a full time mechanic who maintained this large collection and that’s who I spoke with. It's a real GNX.

Thanks for looking Bob if i had seen the ad i would have been on my way and made the deal when i got it in my sites

As I remember, the old man died in the early 90's and willed the car to the mechanic who continued to maintain the collection for the widow. Despite having a warehouse full of high dollar exotics, the mechanic told me that the GNX was the old man's favorite car. He called it his "red neck car" that he could have fun with. In 1995, the warehouse and all the cars burned. The low mileage (yes original tires) GNX was the least damaged. The mechanic said that the GNX actually started and ran briefly after the fire. The mechanic (current owner) had no where to store it and has kept it under a tarp for the last 16 years, thinking he might get around to restoring. He had it listed for $7,500.00 on CL.

Easily worth $7500. It would be neat to see a clean up thread for this car similar to the 1600 mile Kirban Barn Find GN thread that's been exciting to watch.

Easily worth $7500. It would be neat to see a clean up thread for this car similar to the 1600 mile Kirban Barn Find GN thread that's been exciting to watch.

Exactly! "GNX Saved from the death"!!! I can see the thread title now! Someone has to be close by, with the means to pick this up (within reasonable $). If not, they should pass the info to someone who can do it. Would be a damn shame for the seller to think it is too far gone and scrap it, since no one bought it from his recent ads. He should at least put it on Ebay, it would def sell there.

As I remember, the old man died in the early 90's and willed the car to the mechanic who continued to maintain the collection for the widow. Despite having a warehouse full of high dollar exotics, the mechanic told me that the GNX was the old man's favorite car. He called it his "red neck car" that he could have fun with. In 1995, the warehouse and all the cars burned. The low mileage (yes original tires) GNX was the least damaged. The mechanic said that the GNX actually started and ran briefly after the fire. The mechanic (current owner) had no where to store it and has kept it under a tarp for the last 16 years, thinking he might get around to restoring. He had it listed for $7,500.00 on CL.

$7,500!?!?!?!?!?!?

That is not bad, considering what it is. A guy could probably walk away with it for ~$6k. Well worth it. Even if you spent more $ that planned, YOU SAVED A GNX!!!!!!