One less GN on the road....my 84 got hit HARD (pics)

OUCH!....that SUCKS!!!

Boy can I relate. I had a dumbass pull out in front of my GN many years back with almost the same result. It was one of the few times I actaully "checked out" and lost it. I was so furious I was kicking my coat in the middle of a 5 lane freeway instead of beating her stupid ass to a pulp. There's only been 1 or 2 other times in my life I've been as angry with another human being.

I have to know, what did your at-fault driver say about causing the crash?

Mine claimed I changed lanes without signaling which the officer quickly dismissed since my 60-80 ft long skid marks went straight down the road and not cross-lanes.

Damn Herb, I'm sorry man!! Now I know why you didn't want to talk on AIM the other night...I had no idea...this is the first I've seen of this thread

If there is anything I could possibly due don't hesitate to ask man!!!

Originally posted by TurboRegal84

As for a replacement...this was my VERY first car that I got when I was 15...all of my pennies went into this thing..

..........damn.....your first car too??? :(

I dunno Herb. I'd try like hell to figure out away to repair her! Every car that I let "slip away" from me over the years I regret getting rid of. A couple were wrecked.....most just "wore out" (either mechanicly or emotionally).
I can promise you.......you'll always miss her if you decide to let her die. Years from now, you'll be second guessing...and third guessing...and fourth guessing........lol

Yea, I know. If it's not practical....it's not practical. It's just that I'd hate to see your car die! (ain't this some $hit? pretty sad when one can get enotional over someone else's car, huh? LMAO!!! :p )

Herb..I just really hope you don't have a rough time dealing with the insurance companies...that's just like pouring salt on the wound :mad:

I didn't catch it in your posts, but what road were you traveling on??

By now Herb is probably too sore to sit and read this, let alone type a response. It will get better soon bud, theres a bunch of good guys pulling for you man. I would imagine this is the worst of your really painfull days, things should hopefully improve pretty quick. Take care and check in with us when you can, let us know! Take it easy man...Mark

that is terrible,since this is your first car never let it die.take your time,maybe years to bring her back to life.just my .02 worth as I have always regretted selling my 69 mach over 10 years ago.

WHOA! I kept avoiding to look at this thread because it seems a few too many of these wrecks or stolen threads are heartbraking to look at.

Herb I don't know you but am glad you are OK. The physical hurt & emotinal is like nothing that can be explained.

I couldn't take looking at the photos after about 3 of them.
But it truly looks like you have a real nice GN.

Whatever route you go with it I hope it works out.

Your remark about selling off the parts was nice to hear that you would want the parts to help other 84 GN's be restored. :)
If it were to land in a auto salvage yard who knows where the parts would end up. Probably in some Monte SS or EBAY.

Do keep us posted on how you are feeling & the insurance co treats you.

LS

I figured I would make an update post...

I got word fron the insurence company today, and they have made the call that the car is a 'total loss', but they are unable to put a value on it as of now, because the whole car was basicly restored/modified. He is going to give me a value tommrow, but as of now he can't even mention a number. I am very interested to see what they are going to put down for the car.

As for me I am going to physical theropy every day, and I am slowly getting more sleep. At first I was getting 2 hours of sleep at the most. I am now able to get a good amount of sleep as long as I have ice on my neck/back/shoulder.

I have recently just been getting upset with seeing my car in my driveway....last weekend we had a GN meet and it was nice to see all the cars there, but coming home and seeing mine in the driveway smashed sure puts a damper on your attitude.

At any rate I apperciate all the concern..Thank You

Herb that really sucks. Glad to see and hear you are okay :( Take your money and get a 86/87 and keep the GN spirit alive. Get better or I will have nobody to pick on at the track:D :D

Hope you get what you want$$ and feel better. Again glad to see you are okay. :cool:

Hang in there buddy, you will be better soon. Having been through this, I can tell you mileage means a lot (at least in my case). My car was pretty nice, but needed a lot of work around the t tops and such. But it only had like 61 k on the clock, and that led to them offering me 12 for the car (with me providing all kinds of receipts) or 9 and I got to keep it. I was offered enough to justify keeping it to sell, minus my motor, exhaust, etc. Don't take ANY crap from an insurance co, just let them know you are serious. Good luck buddy...Mark

Herb,
Sorry to hear of your loss...I know the pain you are going thru, both the car and body. I live thru a crash that sent me to the hosiptal for 3 weeks. I only got out because I promised the Doc that I would not drive for 4 more weeks. Minus 1 spleen and LOTS of pain. Got stuck in a bean bag chair for 3 hours, I still hate those darn things...
Take iy very easy for the next few weeks...
Have the car look at by a good frame shop, I know how much time you put in to it...
Jim

sorry to hear about you and your car, hope your doing better now.

BUT-

if you put parts on ebay, please do not retract bids and end the auction. that is total BS if you ask me...
it really pisses me off when people do this and dont write in the decription that they arent going to sell the product when the price hasnt been met?????????

YES I BID ON IT, and now its not for sale anymore...

why do people do this?

maybe im jumping the gun, but why did it happen?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2431690023

Bryan,

Someone notifyed me that they wanted to buy the collar for 'X' amount of dollars, and I pulled the auction. As the lister I have the right to end the auction early...

If you have any further questions you can E-mail me...but DO NOT call me out on a public forum.

OH, so thats how ebay works-
you put parts on ebay and wait till someone buys it off email, but you dont put, "will end auction if part is sold via email" in the description-

sorry, i didnt mean to CALL YOU OUT, but i still think its bullcrap that you ended a auction early because someone offered you X amount of dollars after alex and i have placed our bids-

just as usual6 does it, waits till it sells offline, then retracts all bids, BULLCRAP in my book-

no beef with you personally, just BS that things like this happen on ebay, YOU just happen to use the same on name on ebay as here on turbobuick.com

BW-

Bryan..

Listen....I'm 19 years old, and I went from an easy lifestyle of working, wrenching, and being a kid to waking up every morning at 9:00 with Lawyers, Insurance companies, Doctors, calling non-stop. I used to be able to do just about anything...now I can barely stand to drive at night due to panic attacks and am in what seems to be constant pain.

There are bigger things in life that matter then petty things like a friggin collar guard that isn't worth arguing over.

Your Wry Sarcasm is not appreciated, and I am sorry if I do not do everything "RIGHT" according to your book...

Take a step back and look at life....

Now back on the topic of this thread...