Old school vs. new school

Here's a pic of my din and a half pioneer deh 50dh. Got my car in 95 and immediately put this in. Still in and working today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    685.9 KB · Views: 247
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 232
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    685.9 KB · Views: 215
Anyone still using the Epicenter? Always wanted one, but never bought one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Epicenters were good back in the day when you had tape decks. Only problem is they were not really good for songs that already had lots of bass. I never really used mine when the songs had bass.

Would use it mostly to bump stuff you woudn't think of. Oldies, freestyle, or just any classic 80's song.
Epicenter used to work great for this song :). Use to get a lot of interesting looks

Epicenters were good back in the day when you had tape decks. Only problem is they were not really good for songs that already had lots of bass. I never really used mine when the songs had bass.

Would use it mostly to bump stuff you woudn't think of. Oldies, freestyle, or just any classic 80's song.
Epicenter used to work great for this song :). Use to get a lot of interesting looks

Absolutely not made for every song agreed. What was great was when you listened to something that didn't have deep bass like a 'Hall and Oates' tune and the looks on the faces of people who heard it under the influence of the epicenter.

Hall & Oates CD - $ 9.99
Audio Control Epicenter - $ 159.00
The look on the faces of hip-hoppers when you blow away their favorite rap song with 'I Can't Go For That'. - PRICELESS

I love old school stuff. Just check out my audio build thread. Some of that stuff is mid / late 90's but the 1st gen RF Audiophile subs was a great score. I also have a Coustic XM5e, Lanzar Opti Drive 50 plus, Opti Drive 100 Plus, 1st gen JBL GTi 10" (love that thing!), some old MB Quart 5.25's, and a Hifonics VIII Europa.

I miss my old Lanzar Pro Plus 12's, Alpine 7903, JL 12W1's, Hifonics VII Cupid, ADS Power Plate amps, old Orion subs and HCCA amps.

I also wish I had a chance to buy some of the Superman logo OZ audio subs. Those were AWESOME!

wow.. I remember my old lanzer LP pros too!!!!!! clean sounding deep subs.. boy was it a great company back then....

I'm still running an ADS Power Plate in my "T".
I actually think I've owned it longer than my car (which I bought new)

Being the OP, I have never got around to fully posting my stuff because it always timed out because it took so long, I'll be quick or break it up:

Amps
Alpine 3510,3511 ( old DIN plug stuff),3533,3545 ( would love another)
PPI 2350 DM 2 ea
PPI 2350
Braun ( European ADS line) power plate 120 2 ea, pq20
Rockford 5 ea punch 45's ( original upside down ones), power 300 and 650, would love a 1000, 500.2
Lanzar opti 50C
orion 2250sx looking for some 225 Hcca and Concept series
Kenwood 821 and 1021
Autotek BTS 7600
Hifonics Thor
Soundstream d200
Phoenix Gold 2125
Linear Power 8002 ( electrical shorting problem some is loose inside)
I know there's more...........!

I like the old school amps much better, I like the old and new head units, it's all good, when it comes to subs I really want to listen to some Adire Brahmas, RE's , Incriminator Audio, Elemental Designs and compare them to my MMatts, old grey kicker S12's, or 12w6v2's. I will post my head units , eq's and other mumbo jumbo stuff later.

Send the 8002 to Ray at TIPS to be repaired. Ray owns Linear, so it will all be good. Check the LP website for info. Add SSA and DD to your sub list.

got into car audio back in the mid 80's when i was stationed in louisiana, most of my gear was sony then hooked up with a buddy who worked at image audio in bossier city and we build a system that had mb quarts in the doors, built a center channel in the dash and 2 polk 8 inch subs all running off a single phoenix gold mps2220 amp. took us a few months to get the crossover right i had an electrical engineer at work helping with it, we had impedance down to less than 1/4 ohm had to beef up the alternator and battery to keep up it was the best sounding car i had a 89 civic. sold the car with the system in it got into drag racing but i do still have some later phoenix gold amps and one the early jl audio subs they'll be in the buick when its back on the road.

I'm in the process of putting my car audio together. My speakers are all new school but my amps are old school, wouldn't trade them for the world. One is a 600w Macintosh and a 200w machintosh, good clean power. My speakers are all focal comps. Tweets in the dash 6" in the door, 6" at rear deck, and my subs are 10w7s. The deck is an older model eclipse CD player. One of the best decks eclipse made prior to everyone coming out with the flip screen junk. I just want AC/DC to sound crisp and clear on blast. I will take an old school amp any day over this new crap out today.