Old ESPN video of the day Buddy Ingersoll scared Pro Stock with the Buick V6!

Killer! I just wonder what size those turbo's were back then!! :biggrin:

Scot W.

One things for sure, Buddy was WAY ahead of his time and unfortunately the rest of the pack just couldn't stand the thought of getting their collective asses handed to them by a Buick V6 so they lynched him for it. As Buddy pretty much sums up in the article it just doesn't pay to be an innovator in a class of whiners!

Great vid, either he backed out the gas, or the car was hurt, because he had been chasing them down, but he beat him off the line that time!

Awesome! Thanks. I have been looking for that for a loooong time.

Careful, Turbofish might jump in here and tell you that Buddy Ingersoll was full of it too. :rolleyes:

Scare pro-stock we indeed did. I wish the Freeman/Gallina car was around then!!!

I wonder what another year of R&D and todays turbo tech would have produced. I say 6.70-80's. That car was so far ahead of its time it wasnt eclipsed et wise until a few years ago. Pro stock is a joke imo.

Great read and a great vid. Thanks for posting it. It figures it would be Ford who cried so much about the little v6. :cool:

That was awesome!

If they would let the V6 run today..... I'm sure everybody that was anybody would be running one.... Buddy was running low 7's in '86 with a turbo V6..... with the tech today.... and the innovation comparable to what he was doing...... I'm sure they would be at or near the top every time.

Was Buddy's car mechanical FI?

Great video.

It's interesting that Glidden's car is 10mph higher than the nearest competitor (the Mustang that Ingersoll took out). I wonder it they were spraying nitrous. Back then, cheating was much easier to get away with.