Old DFI Help..

UR50SLO

The Reaper
I purchased a DFI (box looks like a stock gm ecm) and harness from Lonnie Diers. If you read this Lonnie maby you can help?
It was intended for Buick engine. I would like to use this unit on a TPI with twin turbos. (pull truck) low rpm torque puller.
What changes to the harness or do I need a adaptor to match up to the stock TPI harness? I'm not very experienced with the DFI at all. Thanks for any help.. ~Scott

Its my understanding that harness will work with a chev. I have no idea other than to trace the wires down with the wiring diagram. There are other plug in harness that can be added to that harness.

Alrighty...

Hey... great...
I might give them a call and see what's still avlbl. for that box.
I thought it was a universal harness.

Lonnie..Are you doing trans work now? What would a 400bop pattern cost w/brake and converter? Or are you just doing 200's?
I'll be needing a trans in the spring for my S-10 3.8L project.
Thanks again for your help. Scott~

Re: Alrighty...

Originally posted by UR50SLO
Hey... great...
I might give them a call and see what's still avlbl. for that box.
I thought it was a universal harness.

Lonnie..Are you doing trans work now? What would a 400bop pattern cost w/brake and converter? Or are you just doing 200's?
I'll be needing a trans in the spring for my S-10 3.8L project.
Thanks again for your help. Scott~

Trans work is all I do. I have a shop and work full time doing what I like to do. I do most all the trannys. 2004Rs, 700R4s, 4L60E, 400, PG, 4R100 and 4R70. I started doing the Import FWD performance about 4 months ago. Different world of work but I like it. The Import trannys are kinda like to old 200 days. Everyone thinks they are junk so I figure out how to make them better. The import and 4L60E work alone has me looking at moving into 2900 square foot of building which I plan to do after the 1st of the year. I have lots of BOP 400 cores. I have been doing the spragless 400s with pro start brakes for 1600 HP apps they are pricey but bullet proof. Give me a call and I will see what I can do for you.

Wow....

Sounds like your buizy!
I'll give you a call this week and see if we can't figure somthing out for my truck.. thanks agian for your help!
Scott~:D

Scott, i'm not real sure about the harness but I used to have the old DFI on my car when i had the twins on it. If you've never messed with it, you'll find it a little harder to tune then the FAST. It's kinda a pain in the butt. I had it for a few years, and got pretty familiar with it. If you need anything, email me and i'll try and help. I still need to take a day and come up there and check out your place...and maybe talk about the exhuast thing. Well, good luck!

You might also check with Mac at FastTrack Performance. http://www.fasttrackperformance.com/

They make adapter harnesses for all kinds of applications. I have one of their boxes for BtB DFI on LT1 using optispark distributor! It's been in there for a couple a years now no probs.

Butch

Cooool......

I've heard about the DFI being more difficult to tune but this is a serious budjet build and i'm looking for more MPG than anything.
Ok..maby a little torque too.. :) I'll call fast track and see if they make a adaptor for me thanks again for all your help guys!