ok race fans...renting the track who wants to go!!

drive805

checking into renting the track for the day( IRWINDALE) and this is the deal i need to know who wants to go and how feasable this would be...sometime in May.the 16th or the 23rd.. that would give enough time for all to set up and be ready
there would be a max of 50 cars....we would get the track for the day (no venders) workers, track preped, from 9am to 5pm. on a Sunday cost for each would depend on how many decided to go but plan on about $100 and figuring in you could get at least 6-10 passes i think that would be a great day racing....

Was told that the spots fill up quick .... we would have to leave a non-refundable deposit to secure a date if there is enough interest then we will set it up so let me know...and lets go racing...

I would be interested in getting in on renting the track. About a year ago Neal Steward and about 20 other guys rented Irwindale and it worked out well. I believe that you can not do side by side racing. One problem that Neal incountered was guys not showing up that said they would; this increased the cost per car at the gate. If we can't get the desired numbers of cars, I would suggest opening it up to the Regal GS or Pont. GTP group. Maybe the F body racers would be interested.
Jeff

Let me throw this in the mix to ponder on....

I promote/rent a track for road racing about once a month. One of the things that we do is secure payment up front to insure that there is a real commitment. I have never had anyone complain about doing it this way.

Also, one other thing we do is provide a BBQ for all the racers and a T Shirt. Just mix this in with the costs of the fees;) This is a big hit, trust me. :)

After you get a few TR guys in the mix try opening it up to the F body guys as well or any other make for that matter. Just set a minimum AND maximum number of car that you want and stay with that.

I have been doing this six times to eight times a year for three years now and I have made a lot of great friends from it. :)

Good luck! :)

track time

Jeff thanks for the info.... i think that we would get both lanes but i don't know about side by side....if i get enough of a response i would ask for a small deposit to get things rolling and i think that would be reasonable plus i think that those that gave money would be more likely to show up....
and i would hope to open it to as many buicks as possible and if not then open it to impala and camaro owners too

ok guys let me know ... i know that May is a long way off but we need to get things going so we can secure the date..
Mike

How about if I ( Steve Hurst) set up a weekend race

Hey guys, I would be willing to setup a race at LACR for a weekend Friday Test & Tune, Sat & Sun racing in our own classes with eliminations and PRIZE $$$$ We would get at lease 4 to 5 qualifing rounds before elimintions and remember this is a 1/4 mile track. The only requirement I would need is for all to fill out a Pre-registertion form with $ 20 deposit for each day you want to race.Total if you race both days = $40, there would be a track (LACR) charge $10 to $20 per day separate from our cost. Remember 2 full days of racing. We would also bring the Club booth and sale T-shirts and have a large Raffle. To do this program and make it work I would need a minimum of 25 cars to Pre-register to guarantee the track and the club it would be worth our time and effort. In the past couple of years our attendance has drop off so much we just couldn't afford to put these event on.

If you guys want to do this all you have to do is Email at hurstbuick@aol.com or call the club Hotline at 714-772-6201 and tell me, Remember the magic number is 25 Cars. If I get enough respond I will set up a date in May or June and also get a deal on a hotel in Palmdale.

Don't forget the General Meeting March 6, 2004 at the El Torito in Irvine for more info go to the Club Web site at http://www.bgnra.org and check out the Flyer on the event

Thanks, Steve Hurst, BGNRA

Re: How about if I ( Steve Hurst) set up a weekend race

In the past couple of years our attendance has drop off so much we just couldn't afford to put these event on.
Thanks, Steve Hurst, BGNRA

I wonder why attendance has fallen off? Would it be possible that your events were long and boring with few runs? Drive 805's one day event would have more runs than one of your Sat. and Sun. events put together.

Obviously, the guys that posted are trying to help with ideas. Instead, you HIJACK someone else's post? Why don't you start your own thread?

This was drive805's idea and you have to butt in and try and direct people to your "event."

Jeff and RacerX were trying to help 805 and you crassly cut in to turn the tread in your direction.

Do you even realize how "self-serving" your post reads. You aren't trying to help 805, you're trying to re-direct and steal people away from his event.

Not much class IMO. After your post, I don't know how you could show your face at 805's event and I'm guessing you're not really welcome.

START YOUR OWN THREAD AND SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE COME!

Sorry to the rest of you fellas, I won't post again.

I still can't believe he said, "How about if I set up.....etc."

Couple more things just came to mind that may help....

When I started doing this I emailed a lot of people to gain interest. I then posted the costs to rent the track to keep everything transparant. This way folks get a better confidance in what you are doing. People just feel better about these things when no one is making any money off them. :D

I then set up a website to show all the information for the event day. Tech information/requirements, schedule, etc...

My first event was geared towards Impala SS. We then filled out the rest of the field with other cars from referrals. It was supposed to be a one time deal, but after the event we got a ton of responses wanting another event. Things just took off from there!

When we do our events we usually run 45 cars to make sure that everyone gets enough track time and to keep the costs down ($125.00)

After our third or fourth event we got some sponsorship to help defray the costs. We touted our events as such "A Day of Racing brought to you by ....."

Our events take several people to run now. We have check in folks, classroom instruction (which you won't need I think), race director to make sure everything runs smoothly, etc... A drag racing event would probably need lees folks, but none the less you better get help so you can have some fun too! :D If I can help you or anyone else in anyway drop me an email and I will be happy to share. :)

hotrodbuick at hotmail.com :)

Greg

racing .....

Greg, Thanks i have one other guy that is working with me but he might have to bow out, work and stuff.
So i just might take you up on the help thing.... before i go to far i wanted to see what kind of response i get, if i got at least 20 cars then i would set up a meeting and see about collecting funds and opening it to others, but so far not much of a response...maybe if we can't get things together for racing then an inprompt-to car show, get together ,hang out ,

Just thought i would try and see what could happen.... you never know until you try!!
Thanks again and i will let you know
Mike

Previously posted by drive805:
"...............maybe if we can't get things together for racing then an inprompt-to car show, get together ,hang out ,..............."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would be interested in that depending on time, date, place.

Guy's,

Sorry to get in on this late but it sounds like a cool idea to me. Jeff was correct when he said that we ahd rented Irwindale one day last year. Originally we were trying to get 20 cars which would have made it $100 per car. There were some last minute drop outs and I think we ended up with 15 or so cars. The cost was $130-140 per car.

Irwindale is a bad ass little dragstrip and alot of fun. Most of us could use some practice with reaction times, suspension tuning etc. and with that in mind you can learn all you need to know at an 1/8th mile track. The track really hooks too. I know there is nothing worse than waiting all day to make a pass (Fontana) only to find the track sucks.

If Mike can put this together I'd be in. I'd also advise a 50% non-refundable deposit for all those wanting to compete. Please keep us posted.

Thanks for all the effort.

Neal

keep it going....

Thanks guys i have a small list now...(8 interested )..i need more before i can set a date ..so keep-em coming
Mike

What's up Neal

Let's get this together.........I'm in!!!!

Later,
Mack
Originally posted by 750H.P.V6
Guy's,

Sorry to get in on this late but it sounds like a cool idea to me. Jeff was correct when he said that we ahd rented Irwindale one day last year. Originally we were trying to get 20 cars which would have made it $100 per car. There were some last minute drop outs and I think we ended up with 15 or so cars. The cost was $130-140 per car.

Irwindale is a bad ass little dragstrip and alot of fun. Most of us could use some practice with reaction times, suspension tuning etc. and with that in mind you can learn all you need to know at an 1/8th mile track. The track really hooks too. I know there is nothing worse than waiting all day to make a pass (Fontana) only to find the track sucks.

If Mike can put this together I'd be in. I'd also advise a 50% non-refundable deposit for all those wanting to compete. Please keep us posted.

Thanks for all the effort.

Neal

I am in like flynn.

I have lots of friends that woule be willing to come. Around 10 or so. They do not have TRs though. Mostly Nissans, Hondas, WRX, Lancers and Skylines. Would you be willing to let them run also? It would bring the price down. But then it would not be a Turbobuick.com get together.

Either way I am coming with my GN. I would also like to bring my 240sx, 6 cyl powered.

:)

I live in san diego and was wondering how far this is? I have parts on the way, what day will it be on?

race date and cut off.....

well guys i have decided that i would set a cut off date....and an unoffical race date...
the race date that i'm looking at is May 23rd that is a Sunday i need to have a $500 dollar deposit to secure that date...

the cut off date to set this up is March 20th... that is a few more weeks for others to chime in.... if not then i will drop this, unless someone else wants to pick up the ball and run with it

i have only got about 11 cars interested i need a minimum of 20(max of 50)
at that # it will cost each car about $100-$120 and the more cars we have the less it will be...if all goes i will set up a meeting to get deposits from those that are coming
if anything changes i will post it here...
Mike

Originally posted by flyc2a
I live in san diego and was wondering how far this is? I have parts on the way, what day will it be on?

The track is about 3 hours north of San Diego. Here is a link to the track www.lacr.net

I am going to post a link to my site ti see how many guys from around here want to go.:)

Well, I have about 5 guys that are very interested, including an 8 second front wheel drive CRX.

I told them to hit up this site to get details and to let you know if they are coming for sure.

:D

Originally posted by Taffy The track is about 3 hours north of San Diego.

TAFFY,
That's not the track that he's talking about. Irwindale is about 1 1/2 hours from San Diego. It's at the crossroads of the 610 and 210 freeways. It's also an 1/8 mi track not a 1/4 mi. It's about an hour closer to San Diego than the LACR.

Check out the first post, it's all there.