ok one more time, headers worth it or not?

EyeTalk2Trees

my DS header is cracked in a few places, I replaced the passenger side 2 years ago. Now I'm looking to maybe replace both and the crossover, the downpipe too if i can get a good deal. It could really used an entire exhaust system but I don't have that kind of cash. Are headers really worth the $$$ or should I just get it welded up again? I searched posts and got answers both ways. with my car (details in my sig) will it make any difference?

Yes, it is worth it..........

The most restrictive thing GM ever made was the exhaust manifolds on the 84/85 TR's. My dad has done just about every mod you can do with a hot-air and the headers were the biggest inprovement he did..................until he learned the secrets of methanol...............good luck

i agree.stock headers suck big hairy balls.:D

go for postons if you're short on dough,atr if you're not.

I got postons headers, I think they work quite well, but I seen a larger improvement when going to the ATR downpipe, than when changing the headers.

Personally, I think if your turbo is stock, the difference is minimal, but if your turbo is stepped up, then you will get even better results, due to more flow.

But yea, the postons compared to the stocks, their is no comparison, the stock headers are junk.

Matt