ok need seasoned guys to answer these questions.. with pics

autodynamics

ok so ive been doind some homework on my gn at first glance it appeared to be stock. i have noticed that behind the alternator is an attachment and by the looks of it hotwire.....kit.
hotwire.jpg

also the injectors are a blue color here is the pics.
injestors.jpg
.what size are these can you tell? also the stock turbo has a block cap that goes to the valve cover.
breather.jpg
it also has the stock regulator....i even suspect a chip but thats another post.... i wonder how can you tell who it is and what it is.....it also has a exhaust with no cat....
czxcd.jpg

i think for peace of mind im gonna put in a 160 stat and possibly swap out the pump since i dont know whats in there? stock? how can i tell? to be safe i think im gonna put in a 255lph. pump... walbro like the one in my charger...help me out guys........................Pete
vacblock.jpg

zxc.jpg

heater.jpg

Blue stripe injector may be a 009 (42.5 lb/hr)
Relay on the firewall appears to be a hotwire kit, but usually in the trunk area.
valve cover breather on pass side should be blocked off and not run back into the turbo inlet.
fuel pressure regulator should be a 237 if memory serves (to be stock)

Heater control valve looks stock :D. Notacarlo is right with his post also. Is the 237 a tta regulator? Either way it should be replaced for a adjustable unit. Also finish zip-tie you vac lines. You wont be able to tell what the fuel pump it until you take it out. I would go with a 340 pump. Also a downpipe wouldn't hurt. Take the pass side kick panel off and see if the chip is stock, if it is get a Turbo Tweak chip. Looks like a clean piece.

edit. Dont forget to get a fuel psi gauge on the rail, or a electric one for inside the car. TurboTweak chips call for 42-43psi Line OFF

thanks... the car itself is real nice..... i tried contacting eric at turbo tweak and no response....i email him i guess there is no number? the regulator is stock who's is good? and what should it be set at? thanks pete

Blue stripe injector may be a 009 (42.5 lb/hr)
Relay on the firewall appears to be a hotwire kit, but usually in the trunk area.
valve cover breather on pass side should be blocked off and not run back into the turbo inlet.
fuel pressure regulator should be a 237 if memory serves (to be stock)

Injectors are 42.5/hr but the part number supercedes the old 8009 number. The 7009? was a 29 lb/hr
233 is stock but could still be modified to be adjustable. 237 is not stock.

get the billet fuel pressure regulator. i wouldn't buy accufab since i seen one of there high dollar Throttle Bodies break a throttle blade screw and fall into a high dollar motor.

Also it looks like the car has a power plate on it ;)

I noticed that the small hose (see picture below) going from the metal tube lines (running above the right side valve cover) to the throttle body is bypassed...(Normally, there are two of these small hoses, one going TO the throttle body and the other one FROM the throttle body, back to the heater line) If you look closely, you should see two small brass fittings under the throttle body to which these small hoses attach to.

Hope this helps!

Claude. :wink:

the regulator that is on the car is a 233. The 237 came on FWD buicks and the TTA. Also the problem was not with the Accufab regulator. It was screws backing out of the throttle blade on their throttle bodies. I would get an accufab regulator, never had a problem with either one on both cars, and never heard of anyone else having a problem. Problem isolated to throttle bodies

can you post a pic of one? and what should it be set at....what is stock fuel pressure and what does it need to go with a turbo tweak chip wit minor mods?

Pull the (non-stock) hose off the top of the regulator and look down in there to see if there is a set screw down there with a hole drilled in it.... could be a stealth adjustable stock-appearing like the ones that BGC used to sell... like mine... :)

Check that fuel pump before you do anything. You will blow the motor up if you dont.

Fuel regulator would be next so you can use that chip. While youre at it, they make breather filters for both valve covers, that will plug that breather next to the turbo. Get the plug for the turbo too.

I will bet the chip is set to run at 160 degrees so doing the thermostat is a good idea.

After that, a good air filter and intake pipe is a good idea. Then downpipe and exhaust for sure.

That coolant hose was blocked off to keep hot coolant from heating up the intake charge going into the manifold. Its debatable if its a great perfromance increase but it wont hurt anything either.

Good luck.

can you post a pic of one? and what should it be set at....what is stock fuel pressure and what does it need to go with a turbo tweak chip wit minor mods?

Hi, I will try to get a picture for you. The fuel pressure should be set at 43. The tt chip comes with excellent instuctions that explains everything. I believe you need a 160 stat. I would put in a new 340 though before you start increasing the fp

yes it was just throttle bodies,but i wont support someone whos expensive TB took out a motor because of cheap parts. anyways thats another issue. back on topic

here is the accufab regualtor

FULL THROTTLE SPEED - BUICK ADJUSTABLE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR

here is one link to the billet one. there are other vendors that sale it as well

GBodyParts.com Online

it is another issue but lets call it what it is, they make a pretty good fuel pressure regulator, and I do agree-I wouldn't use a TB from them on my cars