OK Buick vs. Ford Shootout

Originally posted by NDSP
had a good time, even though I was chasing gremlins the whole time. First time for me at a 1/4 track with this combo.

And as far as sandbagging the GN I raced sandbagged over a full second he ran a 10.4 on a 11.5 qualifying. Good thing he slept for 2.46 second at the light to give me the win. LOL

NDSP
If that GN looked more like a gray T-Type,that was me.
If so , I knew this would come up.
As TurboTR has stated,this was not a sand bad.
I to was chasing gremlins all day. With the Ford turning over on the track,I did not have time for more quailifing passes.
Tod had helped me with some tuning issues on the Felpro,but did not get a chance to test the car.
I had to run where my best time was made.
It is a shame that I could not get off of the transbrake sooner,or the outcome would have been different.
Hope to see you guys next year
N2BUICK

Originally posted by N2BUICK
NDSP
If that GN looked more like a gray T-Type,that was me.
If so , I knew this would come up.
As TurboTR has stated,this was not a sand bad.
I to was chasing gremlins all day. With the Ford turning over on the track,I did not have time for more quailifing passes.
Tod had helped me with some tuning issues on the Felpro,but did not get a chance to test the car.
I had to run where my best time was made.
It is a shame that I could not get off of the transbrake sooner,or the outcome would have been different.
Hope to see you guys next year
N2BUICK

Hey, I understand completely. I thought I had found my problem and was expecting to run over a second quicker myself. But alas I didn't find it and was still way off my best NA 1/8 times and I was spraying a 100 shot. I should of seen 10's also. Now that would of been really funny if we both would of left together and both run a second quicker. Oh, well, maybe next time.

NO PROBLEM

just do a search-

bryan wanner

drives a BONE STOCK buick at the noble track this past year

went 12.70 at 110 all day long, sun went down, spun it and tried my best with REAL RADIALS and got a .420 light for the real race
think my # was B28

i did lose, but the reaction time shows for itself
just do the search and find out how good i am :)

Talk about blowing one's own horn:) Your good B, but look who learned ya;)
The new SF connectors should be in this week, gotta find someone to weld'em though. I'll prolly see if my muffler guy will do it. It's gotta be done with the full weight of the car on all 4 wheels as if on the road. He has a drive-up lift, that should work. Mark said he'll get his pissing contest cleared up with ATR and get my 3" DP hopefully ordered this month. That with the new exhaust system should flow plenty good for where I'll be! Sorry I didn't make it down last night, things got crazy when I tried to leave early:(

Hope you dint mind me jumping in on this thread so late in the game. I am new to this forum, referred by a long time member since I will be putting a turbo on in the near future. May I first say how impressed I am, and always have been, with what you guys do with those six bangers. It's a true testament to American ingenuity. I know alot of people think of Muscle cars as American cars with 8 cyls, but IMO, the GN's etc... are in there too.

Anyway, the reason I posted to this thread was to say hey, and to find out how that whole event ended up. Regardless of which "BRAND" won, at the end of the day, it was American Muscle tearing up the track. Everybody had fun, I hope, and nobody got hurt, I hope. Well, I hope you guys dont mind me comin here, and I look forward to reading your results with certain Turbo's and such, so I can maybe get a nice setup on my car. Thanks again, Cya round.

Great!

Yeah, a little smacktalk but it is a great event - a must do event.

Stick around.

Bronco Johnny said:
Dang you buick guys sure do cry a lot. You guys host the race, we play by your rules and when we show up and whip your ass you just cry and cry and cry like a bunch of babies.

WAAAAAAAAA "you guys tell slow cars not to show up..." WAAAAAA

Top TEN reasons why Buicks are going to be slow this year:

10. Bottle of Geritol got stuck in turbo inlet

9. Pension check didn't come in and driver couldn't afford race gas.

8. Forgot glasses at home and couldn't see to stage correctly.

7. Driver shat pants when he launched to a radical 1.99 60 ft., forgot to wear his depends

6. Colostomy bag was full and it squirted all over the place on the 1-2 shift.

5. Toupee got in driver's eyes.

4. Driver thought he saw his childhood friend Woodrow Wilson walking across the track at the 1000 ft. mark and let out of it.

3. Nursing home staff found out that driver escaped and tackled him in the staging lanes.

2. Driver was confused and never showed up...thought race was on Sunday at a track in Topeka, Kansas.

1. Matlock was on and by god you can't race when Matlock is on!!

:biggrin:

Joe-
Take your old GN there! :eek:

That car needs to make it back to KC one way or the other.

BW