oil?

Two T's

Long Time member
use to run vr1 20-50 valvoline always comes out clean switched to lucas 20-50 syn race oil dose anybody know if this oil requires that oil additive also switched to wix filter seemed to give me 2 lb extra oil pressure. Switched filter after did oil change reccomended by speed shop over fram said less filter material in fram filters?:cool:

there are numerous threads regarding oil everyone is different. I baby my car and change oil every 2k so i just run mobil1 10w30. but im also a fresh rebuild. as for additive everyone says with flat tappet cams to run zddp. here is a link to kirbans who has a lot of info regarding it. hope it helps. by the way run it too. look at tech brief #1.

ZDDPlus™ TECH BRIEFS & TESTIMONIALS

Oh, boy. This one has been beat to death...but here goes. I run Delo 15w40 in my GN. This was suggested to me by the guys running nitrous and the guys running superchargers. It's good stuff. There are a million opinions on this, however. Let the fun begin!! :D

kirban 2 cents worth

We now have proof that zddplus helps with roller set ups to. I have a written testimonial from a shop that builds 1,000 hp engines and tears them down. Also we put a bottle of zddplus in Gallinas/Freemans car.....don;t think they would have done it if Kenny did not approve it.....

While racing oil has higher levels of zddp it requires you to change i frequently....

Diesel oils are no better now either....

While like above posts read many solutions exist, we believe we have the easiest one based on the fact you can continue to use what ever oil you been using whether it be synthetic or conventional.

Available from several Turbo suppliers Gbodyparts,com Gessler, Herb Fishman,
us.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

As stated in earlier post we have a lot of tech info on our website concerning zddp and zddplus.....

Besides the company behind it has without an doubt the largest turbo buick collection of cars and parts in the world.

kool thanksfor your oppinions think I willpick up some zddp just to be safe normally change oil 2 times a year anyway and only put about 5000 miles on but guess it is cheap insurance.