Oil Pressure Sender - Stock GNX Dash

Boostmeister

I think there is a problem with the oil pressure sender. The gauge shows 0, sometimes 5 at idle. Can't be right or the motor would be dead by now. Where is this located on the GNX and how do I test it? Where can I get a replacement? Is there a schematic of the dash/gauge circuit available? Thanks.

At hot idle these cars have extreme low oil pressure but 0 is a bit extreme. The sender is screwed into the oil the same tee that has the oil pressure switch. The tee is screwed into the oil pump housing, which the oil filter is attached to. Not sure how to test it but you probably can get a replacement from Stewart Warner. They probably can tell you how to test it. Don't bother with a schematic, it's just a simple gauge circuit.

Any more GNX question I probably can help since I have had just about everything that can come apart, apart.

Oil Pressure Circuit

Hi,

The oil pressure gauge is driven by a TAN wire, 21 inches in length, running from the 18 terminal body connector plug into the passenger compartment. It is located at Pin #2 on the connector.

Might want to check the integrity of that circuit first.

Wiring layout diagram courtesy of Rick Hunt, director at GNXRegistry.ORG.

Doug

Attachments

• GNXDWD2-RickHunt.jpg
    GNXDWD2-RickHunt.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 197
Thanks , that's great information. I thought the sender was hiding behind the lower rad hose somewhere. Now I know what wire to check.