Oil Pan Gasket Help

tta583

I replaced my RMS last summer with the felpro kit. I used the blue rubber gasket in the kit for the oil pan. Well, it leaks like mad around the rail. I am trying to figure out what to use. I have been searcing for the cork one ROL is suposed to make but have had mixed feelings as to them actually having one. Long story, any one have a PN?? Some say to use the rubber felpro. Is there a different rubber felpro than the one in the RMS kit? Calling around there seems to be in that there are PN's for a rubber and a different one which I think is the marketing name for what ever the blue one I have now is made from.

I know I can order a cork one from the vendors but to be honest I don't have time, I kind of need to do it this week end.

Brent

Put the blue 'sweaty' feeling silicone Fel-Pro gasket on DRY and torque to 84 INCH pounds. I did this and never, ever saw a single drop or wet mark/area.
HTH
Jim

The only place I know where to get cork gaskets are Kirbans.
I just order a oil pan gasket from them the other day.

I have never had any luck with rubber gaskets.

Good luck

Originally posted by Jimn8or
Put the blue 'sweaty' feeling silicone Fel-Pro gasket on DRY and torque to 84 INCH pounds. I did this and never, ever saw a single drop or wet mark/area.
HTH
Jim

Blue and "sweaty" describes it to a T, however it leaks like mad. I wish I could say it is down to and exact spec but there is no way to do it in the car. I have a TTA, not sure what the G cars look like room wise but there is not enough on the F body to hit each one with a torque wrench. Kind of have to do it by feel.

Any one use the ROL gaskets??

Brent

Brent, I use a neoprene gasket made by Victor. You'll find this at any Napa store. It's a bit thicker and dry, very easy to work with. I've used this gasket on my 87 GN with great results. I'm using it on my TTA also. Nicholas.

Originally posted by TTA197
Brent, I use a neoprene gasket made by Victor. You'll find this any Napa store. It's a bit thicker and dry, very easy to work with. I've this gasket on my 87 GN with great results. I'm using it on my TTA also. Nicholas.

Nicholas,

Did you put it in with any sealer or just right out of the box?

Brent

Originally posted by tta583
Blue and "sweaty" describes it to a T, however it leaks like mad. I wish I could say it is down to and exact spec but there is no way to do it in the car. I have a TTA, not sure what the G cars look like room wise but there is not enough on the F body to hit each one with a torque wrench. Kind of have to do it by feel.

My fel-pro rubber doesn't leak a drop. I can't get to all of them with a torque wrench, but with patience, extensions, and u-joints, I can get to all but two or three.