Oil filter question

eagleguy

Is there a longer filter option for the OEM AC Delco PF47 oil filter on a 1986 T Type that can be used without any modifications or clearance issues?

X2 on the wix 51036

The guy at the part house tried to sell me an off brand last time. I told him I need the wix with the anti drainback valve.

Is there a longer filter option for the OEM AC Delco PF47 oil filter on a 1986 T Type that can be used without any modifications or clearance issues?
I am the wix rep in Florida. 51036 or 51036xp is longer. I just posted a thread regarding this. U can buy them at Oreillys

X2 on the wix 51036

The guy at the part house tried to sell me an off brand last time. I told him I need the wix with the anti drainback valve.
Almost all filters that cross to a 51036 will have an anti drain back valve. Or should. The problem is most use nitrile rubber which hardens and cracks and they don't deal worth a damn. Good choice on the Wix!

Almost all filters that cross to a 51036 will have an anti drain back valve. Or should. The problem is most use nitrile rubber which hardens and cracks and they don't deal worth a damn. Good choice on the Wix!
Don't seal worth a damn* sorry for the typo.

I've used NOTHING but Wix oil filters for the last 20 years or so. I swear by them

Thanks guys. Had no idea the Wix filters were available locally so I bought the Napa Gold 1036 today. I am planning on using regular Dino 5W 30. Is there any benefit going to synthetic or different weight for a weekend cruiser here in Florida?

By the way I had originally bought a AC Delco PF52E and you can definitely tell the difference between it and the Napa 1036 filter! Weight and construction are NOT the same! Good thing I asked!! Might get me some regular PF52's off Ebay.

. ....................Is there any benefit going to synthetic or different weight for a weekend cruiser here in Florida?

The benefit I have experienced is for the price of one synthetic oil change, you can do 2 with regular oil.

You are not going to "wear out" your engine oil, but boost helps it quickly to be contaminated so oil should be changed at 2K miles or so.

Long term affects are that synthetic oil will drain away from bearings and cylinder walls in a couple days, regular oil never does.

Why anyone would use a 5W oil in an engine built and designed over 50 years ago when 30w was the recommended type is beyond my thinking? :confused:

If y'all are running full synthetic, which I do (amsoil 20w50 Z-Rod) use what you want. The new Wix XP filters are the way to go 51036XP. ( For those of you running the adapter and 51258, unfortunately we don't currently offer that in the XP). But they are now available at all OReilly stores. They are high flow, 100% synthetic wire backed media. Which is the best on the market for synthetic oils. The only other filter I know of that even comes close is the new Royal Purple filter, which you will pay "Royally" for. If you run conventional oil, the filter wiIl help with oil flow but may not be worth the price difference if you are changing every 2k. I have almost every brand filter cut and will post some pics of the inside of the filters to show y'all the difference .

I am the wix rep in Florida. 51036 or 51036xp is longer. I just posted a thread regarding this. U can buy them at Oreillys
I've always used Wix or Napa Gold but I was always curious to know many microns does the 51036 and 51036xp filters down to respectively? Seems you're the perfect person to ask :).

here is a comparison between the Wix filter and the new Wix XP full synthetic filter. Notice the wire backed mesh media. Both have same construction otherwise except the standard wix filter has an upfront bypass valve. The bypass in the end cap on the XP is not much of an issue in such a high flow media like the XP.

In case anyone is skeptical that a NAPA gold and Wix are not the same. Here you go. Keep in mind a Napa "silver" or "proselect" is not the same premium filter, although both are still good and made by Wix.

For you die hard Fram fans out there. Here is a comparison to a Wix. look at the amount of media you get. Notice the closed metal endcap on the Wix vs the cardboard open end cap on the fram. Also, all wix filters us a coil spring to keep tension on the seals and avoid oil bypass. The fram uses a flimsy steel spring, with a integrated plastic bypass valve, that also has to seal the endcap. Wix uses an upfront metal bypass valve with a very specify bypass pressure setting. Don't over look the importance of a SILCONE anti drain back valve. The Fram uses a thin nitrile rubber valve that will distort, crack and leak.