Oh so close tonight at track...maybe next time

Great, youll find your expierience with other CT members to bo good, THere are a few bad eggs,But i guarantee i am not one of them. Let me know what the deal is and we willl put it together
THanks Again real friend
Otto

quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
THanks Again real friend
Otto
------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>> No problem super friend, anything for a true bud.

>>> You 2 should get a room..:eek:

T boned

Originally posted by TurboDiverArt
Yeah Richie, we were so close. Even with the track going away a little and with the humidity and threatening rain I think we still did real good. When I saw the cloud cover coming out and covering the left lane I made a last minute lane change to ensure we had the traction at half track when the clutch stages went 1:1. I was hoping that the added traction would make up for the worsening weather conditions.

I took the time to go through the record books. You have now officially moved into second place in the all time Central Jersey TR ET record books. For those not familiar, “The Central Jersey TR ET Record” encompasses all of Middlesex and Monmouth counties including the towns of Kenilworth and Basking Ridge. It’s the premier TR title in our area. This means that the number one and two cars are now both products of the Rich’s Custom Auto stable. I’m sure that “other” shop isn’t going to be too happy with first being knocked into second place 2 years ago and then knocked into third this past Saturday. Maybe if they actually raced they might become a contender again some day. I’m sure by then we’ll have put a solid half second between second and third place so they’ll have their work cut out for them!

I think with the new tire change NHRA threw at us we did real well but we’ve still got some more work ahead of us. With a little more suspension work we should be able to get the tire speed we need to get short times and MPH we need. We’ll probably need to work a little on the aero package of the car in the rear. I think we’re getting some wind buffeting in the rear quarters that’s causing us to slow down some. We’re going to have to work on the spill plates of the quarter panels and see if we can get NHRA’s Technical Director Graham Light to agree to a rule change regarding the trailing edges.

We’ll get there but not this weekend. With the western swing coming to an end we won’t be able to make it to E-Town. We should be there the weekend after that or maybe a Wednesday night.

Congrats again on moving into the number 2 slot on the all time Central Jersey TR ET record books. It’s quite an honor and has to make the crew feel great!

Art “fArtie Lahaie” Paltz

Wow your guys just have way too much time on your hands, but this is some good sutff, I was laughin hard. Congrats to Rich and fAartie for those awesome numbers! Would be nice to see your guys out at Salem with your cars but either way will be good. Since I'll be there with my TSM car (finally:D ) maybe "fArtie Lahie" can tune on some of those VE cells himself. lol....

Just remember you just sure cant cool the car down but you can always cool the driver down with powerade......

"JR"

I am now leaving this thread before "SOMEONE" (you know who you are) takes it out of control.
Thanks Rich, And i apologize for what is happeing to this extremely informative thread.
See you soon

I am now leaving this thread before "SOMEONE" (you know who you are) takes it out of control.
Thanks Rich, And i apologize for what is happeing to this extremely informative thread.

>>>> Yee Haw....

See you soon

>>> I bet ;)

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
Rich, can you please put those other slicks in the mail for me, I promise to pay you, when i install them (JRSRB). I need them for that E-Town meet.
Otto,

I got all the respect in the world for you independent guys. Any of the big sponsors that are looking for a really great ride to put your name on, give Otto a call. You independent guys do really incredible things on such a limited budget. Having to use the old scuffs off our cars is evidence of that. You know the Rich's Custom Auto technology center is always here to help you out with data collection and interpretation. I'll talk to Force, I'm sure he'll lend some computer time in the Castrol Technology Center as well.

fArtie Lahaie

Originally posted by Buicksx2
Art,

To tell ya the truth I didn't really think about the record books of central jersey and who's running what as far as ETs go with stage blocks, but now that ya bought it up it is nice to be bumped to the # 2 spot right behind you in certain central and northern jersey counties.

I think we had a good day yesterday at Richs Auto, working on the aero package on Newman to help give her some more stability as we head down the 1320.

With what we did yesterday we will be able to place those just recently ordered big ole sticky Mickey Thompsons down the track.

These tires should help me launch harder so as to not be frying the hot dogs and ripping the rubber off the line, also once we get your car to Jerry Haas this week for some chassis tweaks all I can say is how low into the 1.3's can you and I go????

Scary to think we can both win the western swing and be point leaders in our respective classes in the central jersey and win the Wally.

Speaking of record books. I think that bumps you way up on the GSCA North Western chapters listing as well. Oh my God, say it isn't so, Richie "I've been banned 3 times from the gsca" Rezes moves up in a gsca racers listing and bumps the PR director down!! Man, there's going to be lots of trash talk in the pits now. I think that moves you into the number 3 spot in the stage car listings right behind John Galina the all time Super Stock record holder and yours truly the all time Central Jersey TR record holder. I'd say you're in pretty good company. With the new aero package we tweaked based on the new +/- 2% wing angle ruling NHRA passed down to us this weekend, I think we'll have no problem getting the big old Goodyears stuck down the middle of the racetrack and really run some big numbers! Enough screwing around, time to get really serious!

fArtie Lahaie.

Originally posted by TurboDiverArt
I think that moves you into the number 3 spot in the stage car listings right behind John Galina the all time Super Stock record holder and yours truly the all time Central Jersey TR record holder.

hmmmmm Sounds like something a spin doctor would say

QUOTE]Originally posted by TurboDiverArt
Enough screwing around, time to get really serious!

fArtie Lahaie.
[/QUOTE]

And I though you were serious in the first place. At least until I read some of the post ;)

Good Luck

Originally posted by NastyGn
hmmmmm Sounds like something a spin doctor would say

QUOTE]Originally posted by TurboDiverArt
Enough screwing around, time to get really serious!

fArtie Lahaie.

And I though you were serious in the first place. At least until I read some of the post ;)

Good Luck
[/QUOTE]
Go chew some tobacco, shoot you dinner or other hick Texan thing.... :D