Odell crash video

Wow, that looked very nasty!!! Glad to hear he made it out okay though as that is the most important part. Hate to see this happen to anyone, but especially somebody like Odell who is so well liked in this small community and has spent so much time, money, and effort into building his Turbo Buick.

I am so glad you are alright Mr. Odel! I wanted to come speak to you but you had such a crowd and I figured you didn't feel to good...

I didn't see it but I heard it and I knew it was bad, too much noise:frown:

I took one look at the car and turned around, brought back to many bad memories.

I hope you get it back together! Hope you feel better too!

Thanks grim, and all the buick people,
the car body would be very expensive to rebuilt only good part is the right front fender and grill, my son did a good job on the rollbars i was asked was the car NHRA legal, yes it is certified in march i have a nhra driving license also, at my age 69 in 20 days, do i really want to start over with a new chassic, my car had a lot of frame reinforcement that people never see, anyway i know where there is a nice roller with a rollcage that will certifie down to 8.50 , now i just have to buy it, looks like ill have to bale a lot of hay this year, thanks to all, oc,

Odie main this is your OK, I was swick when I saw this not many nicer or better guys out ther IMO. If you need anything you got my number
Mike

the car body would be very expensive to rebuilt only good part is the right front fender and grill, my son did a good job on the rollbars i was asked was the car NHRA legal, yes it is certified in march i have a nhra driving license also, at my age 69 in 20 days, do i really want to start over with a new chassic, my car had a lot of frame reinforcement that people never see, anyway i know where there is a nice roller with a rollcage that will certifie down to 8.50 , now i just have to buy it, looks like ill have to bale a lot of hay this year, thanks to all, oc,

I'm glad you have such a positive attitude about the situation. Good luck with what ever route you decide to take.

Man I'm so glad you were ok. It was right in front of me when it happened. My buddy and I heard a loud pop right before you lost it, and swore it was an axle that broke, but whatever caused it, I'm glad you're ok.

Odel I saw the wreck first hand and I'm glad you made it ok. When I first saw it happen, it was like it was happening in slow motion to me. I've rolled a vehicle in a bad accident myself and know somewhat of what you went through there. I also finally stopped upside down like your car was. I had to crawl out the back window and was lucky I wasn't crushed since I didn't have any rollbar. After you get out of the car, you feel like you are in a dream and are trying to figure out if you are still really alive and all your limbs and such are still there. You are in total shock after it happens. I'm glad you had many supporting people around you. The car can be replaced! You cannot! Hang in there and things will surely get better. Take care my man.

Odie - You are a trooper my friend. I'll pile my thanks to the Lord that you're OK. I hope to see you keep at it. Such a nice car and you're a really nice old boy. If you're thinking of a new car, I've got a pretty nice set of Geo doors to get you started - on the house !!

That car just makes really good reliable power, always a good performer, good mechanics make it look easy.

Roger

Indeed you are correct my friend, but on the other hand that car needed to have that suspention dialed in, even on the the burnout you can see the car push to the left which tell me that the suspention is not correctly adjusted, pushing either left or right during a burnout tells you that 1-suspention needs adjustment or 2-your posi is going out because one tire is grabbing more than the other, plus getting out of the groove didnt help things at all and trying to correct to quick is what made the car hit the wall and flip, if he has the HR Sway Bar on that car, he needed more preload on the passanger right tire in order to prevent this from happening, a guy in area 2 yrs back had the same problem and after i went to his pit and made the proper adjustments to the bar the car went straight as an arrow.. Hope he is ok..

I'm sure everyone will appreciate 11 sec advice about an 8 sec car.:rolleyes: Happy he's aight. Cal can be a part of my safety crew anytime!.:wink:

Odell

Hey OC

Wife and I are glad you are ok!

hrmmm to old to start over; what kind of talk is that? :confused:

Sounds like you have already found one to get things on the go with.

All the best on your decision. :smile:

Later AJ

Very good to hear that you made it out okay (would have been nice to see it on the video as well). It's easy to question your desire to continue after a crash, regardless of your age. Nice to hear you talking about that roller. Give yourself some time to recover.... you'll be back! :cool:

Indeed you are correct my friend, but on the other hand that car needed to have that suspention dialed in, even on the the burnout you can see the car push to the left which tell me that the suspention is not correctly adjusted, pushing either left or right during a burnout tells you that 1-suspention needs adjustment or 2-your posi is going out because one tire is grabbing more than the other, plus getting out of the groove didnt help things at all and trying to correct to quick is what made the car hit the wall and flip, if he has the HR Sway Bar on that car, he needed more preload on the passanger right tire in order to prevent this from happening, a guy in area 2 yrs back had the same problem and after i went to his pit and made the proper adjustments to the bar the car went straight as an arrow.. Hope he is ok..

You forgot to leave out that sometimes $hit just happens, even with everything right........ How a 10.90 car reacts is very different than a 8.x TSO car.

I can bet he isn't running a Posi :biggrin:. :rolleyes: Glad you are OK OC, get that backup roller out and start swapping parts. Don't give up, it won't be the same without you there..... :frown:

We were behind you in the lanes OC, can't believe what happened. Very sorry about your car, but the fact that you are OK is all that matters. If you need any help with the hay just give me a shout, I have plenty of experience with that!!

I'm sure everyone will appreciate 11 sec advice about an 8 sec car.:rolleyes: Happy he's aight. Cal can be a part of my safety crew anytime!.:wink:

Dont be a douche like you always are, just pointing out what I saw from the video, and it doesnt matter how fast you go, advice is advice from one buick owner to another, btw what are you doing here, you dont even own a buick or a buick powered car, so dont let the door hit you on the way out.. ;)

You forgot to leave out that sometimes $hit just happens, even with everything right........ How a 10.90 car reacts is very different than a 8.x TSO car.

I can bet he isn't running a Posi :biggrin:. :rolleyes: Glad you are OK OC, get that backup roller out and start swapping parts. Don't give up, it won't be the same without you there..... :frown:

I know I'm ususally giving you grief, but that was VERY WELL SAID !!!!!

yes you are correct but I've seen the same thing happen also to a 10 sec car with my own eyes. :eek:

Glad you're alright Odell. Very sorry about the car. It's like a nightmare watching crashes like that.
Thanks for posting the vid. It gives others a chance to study and possibly learn something. If it helps another prevent just one accident, it's a good thing.

Odell so glad you are ok when me and Ricky got toy you I was worried about what shape you would be in. I was so glad you was moving we just didn't know what to expect and yes the cage did it's job hope to see you back soon Take Care Bo.

Wow I'm glad your ok OC. I talked to Leeo for a few mins and he told us what happened. Sorry we missed you guys this year. Glad you are still here.

Cheney Bro's