Not exactly a slouch!

I saw the new 08 Accord and it's really nice. At first I could not tell what kinda car it was. Post some pics of that.

Just a couple.

Attachments

• 100_0372.jpg
    100_0372.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 271
  • 100_0377_1.jpg
    100_0377_1.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 266
Almost forgot, what really caught my eye when I started looking, the interior design and color scheme of the one I got. (literally looked at everything there was to look at).

Attachments

• 2008_honda_accord_dash.jpg
    2008_honda_accord_dash.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 240
nice ride Dave. the engine looks exactly the same as my 07 tl type-s but i have slightly more hp at and tq at 286hp and 256tq. i love the accord coup but i wish honda would get out of this fwd infactuation. tired of all the car mags giving all the praise to infiniti and lexus just because they are rwd.

I've enjoyed my overpriced Accord for the last two years. All I've had to do is put gas in it for 61K miles which is unusual for any car I've owned. The interior is what sold me. Much better looking than the 3 or 5 series interiors that I was looking at. I knock down 34mpg on the drive to work driving 55-60mph. It runs mid 14s but I go months without flooring it. Still nice to have the power there when you need it. Just got my tint yesterday and wish I would have from the beginning.

The only problems are known weak auto transmission and at least on the TL, an appetite for octane. Mine shows knock retard with less than 97 octane. Pretty frustrating and Acura won't do anything about it. And Honda paint quality is aweful. I think my GN with 200K miles had less rock chips.

I've enjoyed my overpriced Accord for the last two years. All I've had to do is put gas in it for 61K miles which is unusual for any car I've owned. The interior is what sold me. Much better looking than the 3 or 5 series interiors that I was looking at. I knock down 34mpg on the drive to work driving 55-60mph. It runs mid 14s but I go months without flooring it. Still nice to have the power there when you need it. Just got my tint yesterday and wish I would have from the beginning.

The only problems are known weak auto transmission and at least on the TL, an appetite for octane. Mine shows knock retard with less than 97 octane. Pretty frustrating and Acura won't do anything about it. And Honda paint quality is aweful. I think my GN with 200K miles had less rock chips.

The Acura's must have even higher C/R than the Accords !! This one has a 10.5:1 C/R and still only needs 87 or higher. Runs perfect on 87.

The Acura's must have even higher C/R than the Accords !! This one has a 10.5:1 C/R and still only needs 87 or higher. Runs perfect on 87.

I'm jealous....seriously. Mine has 11.0:1 and 91 just doesn't cut it. Luckily I drive it very easy but if I bought it for performance I would be mad. I would gladly give up half a point to run regular gas.

If they had this new gen Accord out when I bought my TL, I probably would've gotten the Accord. Other than looks, the Accord offers 90% of what the non "S" TL offers.

Whether one likes imports or not that is a sweet ride. I would take that as a daily driver in a heartbeat! That white is a classy color.

Whether one likes imports or not that is a sweet ride. I would take that as a daily driver in a heartbeat! That white is a classy color.

THanks Brett. The White Diamond Pearl is what caught my eye, even after looking at a white one. But as I said earlier, even though it has an import name, it's not really an import anymore. And yes, it makes the daily grind a pleasure to drive! Doesn't hurt that it's fast as h*** either. :biggrin:

The only drawback I see is the torque steer. I have it pretty bad in my car,
you learn to pedal around it...i can't go WOT in my Park Avenue for about 60ft

Track!! My better half would shoot me!! Then cut me up in little bitty pieces.
aw come on! it won't hurt anything, tell her you need to "break it in" :D

that CD test car was the 3300LB manual coupe...you'd probably be a few ticks slower

that CD test car was the 3300LB manual coupe...you'd probably be a few ticks slower

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realize that.
Probably right, at least a couple clicks slower.
Still feels balls strong for a 3.5ltr 60° N/A 6

Thats faster than my old 95 Z-28 Camaro, technology is whipping by the old stuff.
Mike
86 GN
Yeah, it took them about 10 years to better a stock 86/87 TR:biggrin: .

Dave you can appreciate this.

I had a 2000 Expedition commuting from Temecula to San Diego at Miramar every day.

I bought an 06 Accord with 12,000 miles on it. Cut my gas consumption in half and not a moment too soon with $4.00 per gallon 87 gas out here.

I agree with you on the ride and the steering. It is tight and I like it. The motor is more responsive from a dead stop than my girlfriends 07 Yukon XL. Going up and down the hills is no problem for the 4 cylinder, it downshifts once on one of the hills. The best part; the Expedition got 17 mpg on the highway with a tailwind and the cruise set at 70. The Accord gets 31 mpg with the cruise set at 75 mph.

GM and Ford just do not have a car to compete with it.

I am quite happy with that car.

One word of advise to the V6/auto cars, don't follow the recommended 60K transmission service. My stock Z1 fluid was black at 20K. Swapped it out for a full synthetic and at 60K it's still bright red. Z1 is known for shearing and oxidizing very fast. I also run a straight 30wt synthetic oil in the motor but most people will disagree with that.

One word of advise to the V6/auto cars, don't follow the recommended 60K transmission service. My stock Z1 fluid was black at 20K. Swapped it out for a full synthetic and at 60K it's still bright red. Z1 is known for shearing and oxidizing very fast. I also run a straight 30wt synthetic oil in the motor but most people will disagree with that.

I'll keep an eye on things.