Zero to 60 mph 5.6 sec
Zero to 100 mph 13.6 sec
Zero to 130 mph 26.6 sec
Street start, 5–60 mph 5.9 sec
Standing ¼-mile 14.2 sec @ 102 mph
Top speed (governor limited) 130 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph 177 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad 0.85 g

Thats faster than my old 95 Z-28 Camaro, technology is whipping by the old stuff.
Mike
86 GN

What I don't get in these magazine tests is this ...

0-100mph in 13.6 sec.

Qtr. mile is a 14.2 @ 102mph.

So it takes the car an additional .6 tenths to pick up 2 mph??? :confused:

My point is if they got the car to a 100 in 13.6 seconds the 1/4 mile time should have been a 13.8 or something like that.

Guess for $20,000+ it should run good. Sure you weren't trying to post on Hondaforums.com??

KB

My sincerest apologies "oh long time guru". Last time I looked this is the LOUNGE. Doesn't have to be Turbo Buick related.

Are you going to put tint on that car? Be a shame to let the sun kill the visual performance of it...

Why don't you run yours at a track? You do have a warranty.

Thats faster than my old 95 Z-28 Camaro, technology is whipping by the old stuff.
Mike
86 GN

The New Chevy Cobalt SS is even quicker and will run nearly 160 mph.

Crap boxes have come a long way in the last 10 years.

Are you going to put tint on that car? Be a shame to let the sun kill the visual performance of it...

Why don't you run yours at a track? You do have a warranty.

Don't know about the tint yet. I'm not crazy about dark tints. It'd have be something fairly subtle.

Track!! :eek: My better half would shoot me!! Then cut me up in little bitty pieces.

Don't know about the tint yet. I'm not crazy about dark tints. It'd have be something fairly subtle.

Track!! :eek: My better half would shoot me!! Then cut me up in little bitty pieces.

Look into some of the metal tints out and ever the ceramic tints. The main thing is to keep UVs off you and your interior. Skin cancer rates have been reduced because of window tint on cars... The car will hold it's value more if the interior stays like new.

Just once and that's it... She will laugh and say it's too hard to clean the wood chipper...

Dave,

Pretty funny that econo boxes these days have better performance stats than stock GN's do. Time marches on eh?

Neal

Dave,

Pretty funny that econo boxes these days have better performance stats than stock GN's do. Time marches on eh?

Neal

Ya, it's amazing what new technology is doing!! Amazingly fun to drive, strong pull all the way to redline (6800), and knocking down 25+ mpg on my daily urban commute! Haven't tested the highway mileage yet, but I'm pretty confident that I can sqweeze out 29-30mpg.
It feels like everybit of that 268hp! Doesn't handle like the typical sedan, very precise!

Oh, and for the nay sayers that have been ragging on me, keep it coming! :wink: , it's built in America, at an American plant, by American workers, using American parts (75%). :wink:

Car and Driver doesn't think my Accord is such a slouch! :cool:

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph 5.6 sec
Zero to 100 mph 13.6 sec
Zero to 130 mph 26.6 sec
Braking, 70–0 mph 177 ft

The Buick LaCrosse Super is not so shabby either.:cool:

Zero to 60 mph: 5.7 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 14.0 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 28.1 sec
Street start, 5–60 mph: 5.8 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 14.2 sec @ 101 mph
Top speed (drag limited): 156 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 169 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.84 g

FUEL ECONOMY:
EPA city/highway driving: 16/24 mpg

Congrats on the purchase.

I don't know if the typical Honda driver can appreciate the peformance numbers that it offers because most identify Honda as being a practical appliance.

I don't know if the typical Honda driver can appreciate the peformance numbers that it offers because most identify Honda as being a practical appliance.

Ya know, it's funny you bring that up. I've only been on the main Accord board for a couple months, there's a lot of those folks that also drive Nissans and Toyotas. And they pretty much all imply that the Hondas are considered more of a "driver's" car (because of it's taught, precise handlying characteristics) and that the Toyotas/Nissans are purchased by those that use them as an appliance (their exact word) because of their soft cushy "big buick" like ride and numb "no feeling" steering, etc. :eek:

The Buick LaCrosse Super is not so shabby either.:cool:

Zero to 60 mph: 5.7 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 14.0 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 28.1 sec
Street start, 5–60 mph: 5.8 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 14.2 sec @ 101 mph
Top speed (drag limited): 156 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 169 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.84 g

FUEL ECONOMY:
EPA city/highway driving: 16/24 mpg

Is that one supercharged? I've never paid much attention to modern Buicks so don't keep up with their data. Don't know what it's like where you are, but around here, EVERY SINGLE Buick on the road that mid 90's or newer vintage (even the LaCrosse) are driven by people a LOT older than even I am. :eek:

Is that one supercharged? I've never paid much attention to modern Buicks so don't keep up with their data. Don't know what it's like where you are, but around here, EVERY SINGLE Buick on the road that mid 90's or newer vintage (even the LaCrosse) are driven by people a LOT older than even I am. :eek:

No, the new Super uses the DOD V8 just like the Impala SS and GP GXP.

Honestly, has Buick ever offered a car to attract a younger audience, save for the GN/Regal T? With all of the "active adult communities" around me the running joke is that the "Buick is the last car you'll ever buy".:biggrin:

I'm afraid that even though Buick did try to inject some semblance of performance into a new car it will be sadly overlooked.:(

I jokingly told my better half the other day.

There's 4 classes of vehicles that you should avoid getting stuck around on a road with restricted passing availability!

Any newer Buick
Any Volvo
Any minivan
Any Phat motorcycle (harley's top the list)

All are mind numbingly slow Sunday drivers (every day)

I jokingly told my better half the other day.

There's 4 classes of vehicles that you should avoid getting stuck around on a road with restricted passing availability!

Any newer Buick
Any Volvo
Any minivan
Any Phat motorcycle (harley's top the list)

All are mind numbingly slow Sunday drivers (every day)

You forgot ANY year Deville (except the one I'm piloting).

Jim

Car and Driver doesn't think my Accord is such a slouch! :cool:

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph 5.6 sec
Zero to 100 mph 13.6 sec
Zero to 130 mph 26.6 sec
Braking, 70–0 mph 177 ft

I saw the new 08 Accord and it's really nice. At first I could not tell what kinda car it was. Post some pics of that.

I just test drove a 190 hp Accord 4 cyl the other day. First off the fit and finish of this car was very nice. They are not crap boxes no matter what you feel about a jap car. Leather was good but the seats alittle too stiff. The 4 moved the car pretty good. For the msrp of $26k that was a very substantial car. The 6 adds about 3k to it. I have a 260hp 04 Max auto and it runs 14.6 stock so the Honda knocking down a 14.2 is not that far fetched. The Camery with the 6 runs about the same. Today's technology is great. Those numbers for a 6 beat many of the so called "muscle cars of the 60s and 70s. The only drawback I see is the torque steer. I have it pretty bad in my car, I can't imagine how it would be with a v8.