norwalk roll call

Track is open today for their normal points series bracket races. I'm sure you can get in for a test n tune pass or two.

Norwalk Final Video

First outing on the car in 5 years.Yep 5 years! The track I couldnt figure out I raced on many and thought maybe it was me but what a fight.I seemed like I was fighting the car the whole pass just to keep it straight.It was pulling to the middle mostly the left lane .The reputation for Norwalk is to break your car and I had everything turned down.In a word 60 foots sucked.With all that I still had one of my best times ever in over a decade of Racing.I made up my mind before I left I wasnt going to let this board or other peoples views of each other effect my views and kept an open mind.In the semi final round I got a piece of scrapnel in my slick at the starting line due to a dance the starter made us do .In third gear it was crazy and I pulled into the pitts and told my son It felt like I was running on a flat tire.AND I WAS.
I went over to JWs Trailer to let him know I was out due to the slick I didnt feel safe just airing it up.He said can you use these and pointed to 2 brand new convo pros with slicks mounted on them.I coundnt because of the lugs .In a minute I had Ronnie and Tim trying to loan me theirs which didnt workout and then Silent but Deadly Pulled his already strapped down car off the trailer and drove it to my pitts to remove his wheels and tires.Also JW held up the race to wait for me to get there it was one of the coolest things I ever expirienced at a race track and renewed my faith in the TSM class.Got my butt handed to me in the final and left with a big smile on my face .Car went in the trailer on its own power and that in itself is a winner to me.Thanks had a great time enjoy the Vid
Congrates to JW and sorry my son is a little bias sounds like the announcer was too![YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVw0F2TW8eA[/YOUTUBE]

First outing on the car in 5 years.Yep 5 years! The track I couldnt figure out I raced on many and thought maybe it was me but what a fight.I seemed like I was fighting the car the whole pass just to keep it straight.It was pulling to the middle mostly the left lane .The reputation for Norwalk is to break your car and I had everything turned down.In a word 60 foots sucked.With all that I still had one of my best times ever in over a decade of Racing.I made up my mind before I left I wasnt going to let this board or other peoples views of each other effect my views and kept an open mind.In the semi final round I got a piece of scrapnel in my slick at the starting line due to a dance the starter made us do .In third gear it was crazy and I pulled into the pitts and told my son It felt like I was running on a flat tire.AND I WAS.
I went over to JWs Trailer to let him know I was out due to the slick I didnt feel safe just airing it up.He said can you use these and pointed to 2 brand new convo pros with slicks mounted on them.I coundnt because of the lugs .In a minute I had Ronnie and Tim trying to loan me theirs which didnt workout and then Silent but Deadly Pulled his already strapped down car off the trailer and drove it to my pitts to remove his wheels and tires.Also JW held up the race to wait for me to get there it was one of the coolest things I ever expirienced at a race track and renewed my faith in the TSM class.Got my butt handed to me in the final and left with a big smile on my face .Car went in the trailer on its own power and that in itself is a winner to me.Thanks had a great time enjoy the Vid
Congrates to JW and sorry my son is a little bias sounds like the announcer was too![YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVw0F2TW8eA[/YOUTUBE]
No problem Bobby, Glad it all worked out. Deren

Did this new record have something to do with car count/attendance?:confused:

To help you out here, I pulled the car off the trailer at Norwalk and went 9.03 on the first pass with some room to go up on power. Track just wouldn't handle any more after that first pass. However everyone in TSM qualified faster than you did. So far there has only been one car to run an 8 at a TSM event, Don Cruz. So far I've been several 9.0s at TSM events.. Where did you qualify? Just stating the facts.

you should have shown up, and then you would know what he is talking about.
or are your freeze plugs not in yet?:eek:

Low blow... but I laughed.

Bobby, it was great to meet you and thank you for participating with an open mind. I hope you will continue to race in TSM at future events.

I'll have updates later tonight since I am still trying to catch up on much needed sleep.

Congrats on the 9.03! Unfortunately you are still playing catch up after all of these years. :eek:

Last time I checked you never went faster than 9.35 at a TSM event, Right? :confused:

Maybe you should actually bring your car out and run TSM and show us what I need to catch up on? Same track, same weather, same day.

If you win, you get some of my money. If I win, you lose. That simple.

It's really a win win situation for you if you choose to participate. :D