No top end

turbotype87

Can someone help me with this problem? I had recently had my 3.8 turbo engine rebuilt. The problem i am having is this, I ttok the car to the track this past summer and it ran a best time of 13.4 in the 1/4. The car had no top end. 96mph. the engine was built by dave miller in east windsor, Here is what i have had done to the car. The turbo was upgraded to a TE-60, the heads were freshened up with performance valve springs. 50lb injectors, 62mm throttle body, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, a 3'' downpipe and front mount intercooler. a single stage alky kit, the transmission was rebuilt and has a art carr 3000 stall speed converter. I just ha a new chip burned for the car a turbo tweak chip. The car has never really been professionally tuned, could this be the problem? any and all feed back will be appreciated.

Do you have a scan tool? You should definitley be running faster. Take it to someone who knows these cars.

You got something major out of wack, what boost level ya runnin it with, my stock turbo had me in the low 13's and plan on my new turbo to take me high 11's mines in my sig., i would definetly look into it you got a lot left on the table just need to find the issue.

What is your RPM through the traps?

Lots of things can kill top end. From being too rich, false knock, not enough timing, shifting into OD, etc.