No start

510TURBO

ALKYHOLIC
drove my car for about 100 miles and got home. car will not restart after turning it off to put into the garage. found out that because i wasn' t using a battery tie down i totally melted my ground terminal from the battery post. now the car just cranks but not catch and has serious popping coming from the exhaust. we've set the cam sensor a couple times and check fuel and spark but still no luck. my mechanic has not yet made it to my house yet but thinks i might have shorted something in my starter. the problem seems very minor but just time consuming. thanks for your help in advance.

drove my car for about 100 miles and got home. car will not restart after turning it off to put into the garage. found out that because i wasn' t using a battery tie down i totally melted my ground terminal from the battery post. now the car just cranks but not catch and has serious popping coming from the exhaust. we've set the cam sensor a couple times and check fuel and spark but still no luck. my mechanic has not yet made it to my house yet but thinks i might have shorted something in my starter. the problem seems very minor but just time consuming. thanks for your help in advance.

Did you ever figure this out?

car alarm

we narrowed it down to the car alarm. soon as i pull the alarm we should be able to start it. i will keep u informed. thanks

?????

it wasn't the alarm. i am thinking maybe i fried my computer. going to swap it out with a good one this weekend to see if thats the problem.

"tie down i totally melted my ground terminal from the battery post".. What did that cable short out on??
Being it's already grounded to the engine, body, the neg cable touching something other than a + power source won't melt the post...

?

idk chuck, i ended pushing into my garage due to darkness and the next morning i seen it sparking out while i was trying to crank it. i did alot of reading and research and i think it might be a fried comp. or a ignition module. i'll let u know know. thanks chuck