No start...Starter?

wantan87

I tried to start my gn today to take it to emmisions, but wouldn't start. If I turn the key to on I hear the fuel pump running. When I try to start the car I just get clicking from the starter won't turn over. If I try to keep cranking it I get a little backfire through the exhaust. I tried jump starting the car but with no result. The battery is about a year old.

i dont understand the backfire if you cant get it to turn over.....? :confused:

Yea either it turns over or not. If the engine is rotating when you turn the key, it's turning over, just not starting.

If the engine is turning over, the backfire may be a timing issue. Mine did this once & I found some trash on the crank sensor. If that's not it, you may need a new sensor. You can also release the serp belt & check for balancer play, & check the interupter ring for damage or looseness.

Good luck,
Jimmy

PS: Charge that battery

well i think i can say i have the most experience with a ccci fuse i would say it is not that. if it was the car would do nothing no dash lights would come on nothing.. but things like your headlights would work..

you can narrow it down it must be no spark or no fuel.

true hearing the fp being on doesnt mean your getting fuel.. tr pressing the shrader valve se if your getting fuel..

100% sure the car has gas.

check or spark pull of a plug wire and see.