No start problem

pm87tb

Hey guys i need help.. I can't get the GN to start. I cranks but it wont start.
I have checked the following.
1.coil packs the readings were good.
2.I checked to see if i had spark thats there.
3.I have injector pulse.
4. I have set the cam sensor 3 times and swaped it out with a known good one.
5. I even thought my ecm was bad so i changed it out with a known good one.

I have the trans pro on it so theres no maf and the fuel pressure is there. Can the crank sensor be bad? I don't to start throwing parts at it. Please give me some advice on what else i need to check.

Thanks

Did you try to pull codes? You can do this using the ALDL port under the dash and your check engine light with the key on engine off. Using a wire or paper clip connect the two upper pins farthest to the right in the ALDL port, turn key on with engine off.

It will flash 12, 12 ,12 then will give you a code, then 12, 12, 12, give you another code if there is one. I would bet it's the crank sensor but one sure way to find out is to pull the codes.

Do a search for trouble codes and you will find the codes and what they mean. There is a tech article on another site "turbo regal website", they list all of the codes and there is a diagram of the ALDL port and the PINS.

Good luck. I had a similar issue if you saw my post.

Check the orange wire from the ECM to the battery. It can be the crank sensor, but start simple. Have you checked the plug wires? make sure they are on correctly and Ive had one Break up on me.(totally pulled apart inside). Also had a friend whos leaky valve cover oil soaked his starter. Just a few ideas, keep us posted.

X2 on posting malfunction codes also if you can..

There are no codes..
Check the orange wire from the ECM to the battery. It can be the crank sensor, but start simple. Have you checked the plug wires? make sure they are on correctly and Ive had one Break up on me.(totally pulled apart inside). Also had a friend whos leaky valve cover oil soaked his starter. Just a few ideas, keep us posted.

The orange ECM wire is good, and the spark plug wires are good and in order.
Read the troubleshooting section of this website Vortex Turbo Buick Performance

Chuck

I read alot there. The information there makes me beleave it's the crank sensor. The only problem is i really didnt see any trouble shooting info on that. The check list for everything else checked out good. Is there a way i can test the crank sensor?

Thanks

Ive always had a spare, so im not for sure. It does seem to be the problem. The car will turn over but not start with a bad Crank Sensor. Happened to a friend of mine here almost a year ago.Call and talk to one of the Venders that sell them, probably can trouble shoot, keep us posted.

I never heard of a way to troubleshoot the crank sensor, except to replace it with a known good one. When you replace yours be careful setting the new one up to the crank harmonic balancer/pulley. You don't want it to rub the sensor, a credit card thickness is what I've read as a good gap reference.

Chuck