No start and out of idea

Nate_Strain

Hi guys, I blew up my 85 t type back in march. Long story short I ended up with a new engine 109 block from Cotton's Performance in Agawam Ma. Everything is hooked up that I know of and has all new sensors. I went to turn over and it cranked but wouldnt start. I pulled a spark plug it had fuel on the plug so the cylinders are getting fuel I checked for spark and it had spark and I also checked and had compression. So I have no idea where to go now. any thoughts that could help lead me in the right direction would be awesome.
Thanks, Nate

reading through the no start tree now thanks for sharing pronto. turbotdr, how can i check the cam sensor and if its backwards is just those two small bolts and rotate right?

reading through the no start tree now thanks for sharing pronto. turbotdr, how can i check the cam sensor and if its backwards is just those two small bolts and rotate right?

No, it's not.
Go back to the Vortex site, and look at how to set the cam sensor.

Do you have oil pressure? Make sure the eng. is pumping oil and check the oil pressure switch if you are using one.

Couple possibilities I have encountered when having a no start:
1) Verified cam and crank timing chain gears dot to dot with the timing marks while putting on timing chain?
2) Cam sensor cap, remove and make sure tab is not broken inside cap.
3) Crank sensor too can break at the plug in. It will read just intermittent enough to be a pain in the butt and make you think there is not a problem. Check the air gap too. .025.
4) If the cranking fuel pressure is too high it won't start. Just get it close to 38-40 when you crank. If you have switched fuel pumps it might be too high.
Depending on how much you have cranked trying to start and how much gas is being dumped inside, you can run the risk of fuel fowling the plugs.
Hope this help eliminate possibilities for you.

Tps set correctly? Twas a demon I found once on no start when everything else was good.

It sounds like you could use a helping hand from someone with experience working on these cars.

Make a thread in the Regional forum in the area of the country you are from to see if someone lives close by you that would be willing to help you.

whitehot1, im definitely in way over my head on these things. I can check some of the basic stuff but most of the timing and sensors should have been done from the shop when i bought the engine. so if i can't eliminate anything i did i will head over there today and try to figure out what the deal is

well Nate............... I'm here, haven't heard from you since I gave u a crank sensor.... any motors we sell leave timed and primed... or they don't leave..

yeah well thats what i figured. like i said im in way over my head on this one so im sure ive messed up something. put the new crank sensor on but havent had anytime to go through anything else.

Just as an update, I couldn't work on the car for a while because I went off to school. Finally made it home this weekend and got it started.... ended up being bad grounds and the wrong firing order. wicked noob move on my part engine runs great so thanks to you guys over at cottons again on that one!