3 ignition modules
2 ecms
2 ecm chips
2 camsensors
Replaced coolant temp sensor
Checked voltage on all the pins
Continuity test on every wire to all those sensors
New fuel & fuel pump at 42psi

I've also gone through the no start chart over and over and over again just cranks over crank over no spark

An im stuck at this moment i dont kno were to look now
Anyone if you have any ideas let me kno thanks

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. That is about all that I can offer. Fortunately I have not been faced with that type of problem yet.

Good luck. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will have something to offer.

Do you live near any Turbo Buick shops?

Call Nick at Arizona GN, im sure he will be glad to talk to you and help you thru it,although he may be in NC this week.

Do you have an alarm with ignition kill on it? I had that happen about 10 years ago....:mad:

What happened in the beginning leading up to the no spark condition? Did it just all of a sudden die or not start one day,give us some history from the first time it happened.

Below is a short cut derived from Jim's article. The below simply applies logic to the No Start troubleshooting trees and can save you a lot of time.

Assuming the battery is charged, the car has compression, and the fuel pressure is adequate, If you have:

no spark, but have injector pulse - Check the Ignition Module (also check the CCCI and ECM-IGN fuses)

have spark, but don't have injector pulse - Check the Cam Sensor or ECM

have no spark or injector pulse - Check the Crank sensor or the Ignition Module (and fuses)

Besides not having spark have you checked for injector pulse? Have you checked the fuses?

Last edited:
Just throwing this out there did you take a good look at the ecm wire plug at the battery see if it's solid.

No i dont well not that i kno of i dont see anything under the dash ...
An another thing its a 85 but i just converted to 87 setup

Since you installed a used, unknown 30 year old 1986-7 wiring harness it can be a bad connector or 2, or a broken wire somewhere in the harness?

Now there is no spark, before you had no injector pulse, are you now missing both?

One simple check is do you have a "Service Engine Light" on the dash? The dash connector from the used harness at the ECM must also be plugged into the existing dash harness.

Before you burn it, bring it here as it was a month to get the original wiring straightened out before you purchased the car, but dealing with intercooled engine wiring is MUCH easier than the hot air mess! :)

Last edited:
Since you installed a used, unknown 30 year old 1986-7 wiring harness it can be a bad connector or 2, or a broken wire somewhere in the harness?

Now there is no spark, before you had no injector pulse, are you now missing both?

One simple check is do you have a "Service Engine Light" on the dash? The dash connector from the used harness at the ECM must also be plugged into the existing dash harness.

Before you burn it, bring it here as it was a month to get the original wiring straightened out before you purchased the car, but dealing with intercooled engine wiring is MUCH easier than the hot air mess! :)

You are going to do the work, I am just going to "direct" you!

Well update
Great news guys an i appreciate all the help that you guys gave me well i found the problem a it had to do with the crank sensor pigtail when i first got the harness it had the crank sensor pigtail cut of so i purchased a new one it cane with the same color coded wiring so i didnt think nothing of it but after weeks of headaches an many parts changed i i looked once again on vortexbuicks an noticed the wiring was wrong the signal an the 12v were flipped around ....

Ah... Good for you!

I hate electrical problems. Takes forever to trace out lines & trouble-shoot. Then less than minutes to repair.

Well update
Great news guys an i appreciate all the help that you guys gave me well i found the problem a it had to do with the crank sensor pigtail when i first got the harness it had the crank sensor pigtail cut of so i purchased a new one it cane with the same color coded wiring so i didnt think nothing of it but after weeks of headaches an many parts changed i i looked once again on vortexbuicks an noticed the wiring was wrong the signal an the 12v were flipped around ....

That is great! Glad you were able to find the problem and fix it. (y)