No oil presure on my new motor

If the machine shop left those plugs out, I would question the quality of the rest of the engine machining/assembly. Seems they dont know what they're doing:mad:

No it dint cause had some oil presure not much don't make no noise at all just the rocker running a little dry but had some oil on top just a little but I am going check everything

i know its more of a pain in the ass but i would pull the motor take it apart and triple check everything and tap the holes, clean it, mic it and check again. it will be cheaper in the long run.

If not taking the motor out to inspect bearings look for copper chips in the oil, filter, and pan. If it were my money I'd remove the block and inspect everything.

Solid or hyd cam?

No it dint cause had some oil presure not much don't make no noise at all just the rocker running a little dry but had some oil on top just a little but I am going check everything

Think about where the oil pressure sender is located, it does not represent the amount, or lack of, oil pressure in your block with those plugs missing.
The oil never made it to the engine, you need to start over from scratch...

Yep, the oil went up to the front cam bearing, then pissed all over the timing chain, it NEVER made it to the main bearings:mad:

i know its more of a pain in the ass but i would pull the motor take it apart and triple check everything and tap the holes, clean it, mic it and check again. it will be cheaper in the long run.

He is right. I would take the time and effort to remove, disassemble and check everything.

My bet is the journals looks fine. There should still be engine building jizz there. A flat tappet cam on the other hand....

I've been down this road as well...Builder did the short block including installing and degreeing in the cam, so it had the gears and chain on....Couldn't see there was no plugs in the front....Got lucky and it ended up being ok

Oh shit is right, i had an engine builder more like Archie at GN1 peformance try to built my motor without installing those plugs until i pointed it out to him. :eek:

Or they can tap them and install threaded plugs that look about an inch deep :eek:....

Got the oil presure long day back in the car engine inside looks good start it 80 lbs oil presure when started thanks guys but now another problem the car ran for 10 min and shut off now the fuel pumps don't come on wtf and I change fuel relay crank trigger computer fuses and got no curent from ignition to fuel pumps and no pulse to injectors now what can it be

Check the wiring and plug to the oil pressure sending unit. I had mine deteriorate and the rubber came apart and the wires were grounded and it wouldn't let the fuel pump come on

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Glad my headache helped some one else that's what this is all about :)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app