no oil pressure !

1quickfrc

ive recently bought a 86 gn the engine was rebuilt by the previous owner and has hardly any miles on it. the problem i am having is that when the engine is started and for a few minutes after it has excellent oil pressure 40-60psi and once the engine gets warmed up it goes to 0 at an idle and 10 at about 3k rpm... it was supposed to of had a new high pressure pump put in during the rebuild. any help is much appreciated thanks!

Pull the oil and check the inside of the oil filter. The motor will have to be pulled.:frown:

not good does you idiot light on the dash come on or are you reading it on a psi gauge mabe the gauge is bad

ahhh i was wondering if you meant something internal lol .. could you explain why it would have good oil pressure when cold and drop once it gets warmed up... it seems to me it would be low all the time?

thanks for all the replys thus far !

ahhh i was wondering if you meant something internal lol .. could you explain why it would have good oil pressure when cold and drop once it gets warmed up... it seems to me it would be low all the time?

thanks for all the replys thus far !

Electrical or mechanical gauge?
Do you have another mechanical gauge to verify?

i will check in the morn to see if the idiot light comes on and look and see whether i have a mechanical gauge or not.