no lock up or cruise control

Does your car set a VSS code?
That's usually the problem, either a defective VSS buffer or blown fuse.

John

Recent Work

Have you been doing anything recently under the dash of the car, you could have unplugged the two feeds to the VSS buffer. On my car it is a green box with ACC written on it. I think that's correct and there should be two feeds going into that box.

Mine was the switches behind the brake pedal...neither were making enough contact...

still not working tried everything from switches to checking all the wiring i forced the lockup and it worked the vss must be working to because the scanmaster picks up the mph

try pulling up on the brake pedal with youre foot while setting the cruize control, mine did the same thing and i tried this and the converter locked up and cc started working then i just had to adjust the brake switch on the pedal

4-71/Z-28 said:
try pulling up on the brake pedal with youre foot while setting the cruize control, mine did the same thing and i tried this and the converter locked up and cc started working then i just had to adjust the brake switch on the pedal

I agree. Same exact thing happened to me, did this and it fixed it. I'd try doing this first.

how do i knoe if the prndl switch is working and where is it lcoated? also the vss must be working because the scanmaster picks up the mph and when i force the lock up it does lock up

Check the switch on the brake arm with a tester to make sure contacts are closing. There are two switches on the brake arm. The one with the vacuum line is for the cruise. I had to remove my switch and pop it apart to clean the contacts. When I reinstalled, it still was not working. Got under there with the tester and found the switch needed to be set tighter against the breke arm.

As far as PRNDL switch. You can see if the car will start in drive, low or reverse. Should only start in park and nuetral.

Try that test with nothing in front or back of ya it may lerch when started if switch ain't workin, the prdnl switch is white semi circled and on top of column under the dash and attached, there is a ring on it that you can adjust it sorta slides side to side may just need adjusting if your not sure where it is i'll take a pic of one i have in my garage.BTW its a PIA to change don't ask how i know ;)

car does start in every gear triend adjusting switch on the colum under dash but it did nothing

How about with the key on engine off,put the shifter in the reverse position and adjust the switch until your backup lights come on.
Or maybe the switch is bad or there is no power to the switch. :confused: