no fuel range on open road

tnt

Hi guys had my car for about six mo now drive it 10miles a week maybe i put it on the road 2 weeks ago for the first time went form orlando to south FL ran about 70-80-90-100 only got 200ML out of a tank tome that sucks i know these cars are just toys and are not really made for the big road i was going to take the up to conn were im from for fun but not with this fuel milage can anyone tell me is this rite 200miles to a tank highway?

Nope, you should be nearly double that! These cars generally average around 17 city & 22-25 highway! My car (before it blew) was getting only 11.3 in town and 16 highway, which is terrible! But that's STILL substantially better than yours!

Check your spark plugs, see if they're sooty. Also, is the cat convertor still there? If so, it may be getting plugged, and THAT will severely affect your mileage! You might even look for a leak in the gas line somewhere!

Bfh is right, you should be getting way better gas mileage. I had the same problem, mine was two small cracks (from rust) on the fuel tank. They were caused by the fuel tank straps, one crack right under each strap. After replacing it with a new tank my mileage increased dramatically.

These cars get good mileage @ 65-75mph anymore and I have found that my mileage decreases.

Things to check:
Plugs + wires
O2
Exhaust manifolds (cracked?)
Injectors (clogged or leaking)
Fuel Filter
Vacuum Leaks

I used to average about 25-28mpg on the highway before my Turbomotion intake (haven't taken any extended road trips since)/

my car is running like crap right now.. but usually around town i get about 170-220 miles per tank.. 'tank' equals about 14 gallons, because without baffles the car really doesnt like turning once you get down to 2 gallons (14 out of a 16 gal tank)... the gas gauge does this little dance, its crazy.. very entertaining.. once i get the new ignition and reset the cam sensor, im putting in new NGK plugs and a new bosch 02... maybe mileage will go up then. oh yea.. if it matters, my car pulls more vacuum than anyone I know.. it'll hit 16" in drive and 19-20 sometimes in park/neutral..

I get 23-26mpg steady highway driving @ 65mph. Also, 19-20" vacuum at idle (Park).

no holes in tank but my car goes puff black smoke when i get on it when its cold seems like to much fuel non ajustable fuel reg