No start issue. Possible fuel pump failure

RED LS1

I have my car running for the first weekend. Drove it about 3 days with no issues at all to speak of.

Yesterday I started the car and got around the block. A lady was parking so I came to a stop in the middle of a real steep hill. The car stalled and wouldn't start back up. So I rolled it backwards about 50 yards to where the road was flat again. I continued to try and start the car but got nothing but cranking. The battery is brand new and gas guage reads 1/4 to 1/2 tank which should be accurate as I recently put gas in it.
I got out and knocked on the tank and it felt empty. I returned with 1.5 gallons of gas. Still nothing. The car has an XFI and all lights seem to be acting approprietely while cranking but I'm going to investagate that further. The injector lights are solid and not flashing sequentialy as I believe they should.

So thinking it still may be out of fuel I put another 4 gallons in the car. Still nothing. I returned with a Snap On Fuel pressure guage and plugged it into the rail. Nothing! No FP at all with key foward.
I checked the fuse marked FP/INJ and sure enough it was popped. I replaced it but still nothing! :mad:

I searched here last night and saw some stuff about the fuel pump relay. I found it on the pass side of the fender and pulled the grey plug. At first I thought the plug was smoked because it had black crap melted all over it but I believe that to be a factory corrosion resister.
I tried sticking a test light all through the connector with nothing lighting up. I called it a night.

What should I be checking here?

Also, The car has no Hotwire kit hooked up yet (I havn't got around to it) and it has a brand new Aeromotive 340 intank stealth pump. I'm wondering if the pump failed ( it's a pretty new product?)

What do you think?

I have replaced 2 of the fuel pump relays. Nether fit the plug in correctly without some cutting of the plastic inside the new part. My plug also has that black molten looking residue. So far... The relay that I bought from the NAPA premium line is still working. The first one crapped out after just a few months.

~JM~

Is the grey test wire under the alternator the one with the little black plug on it. IT also sits next to the green plug with the 2 yellow wires? Does it come out of the main harness right in front of the valve cover??

Looks like all the wiring and electronics from the plug at the tank all the way up are perfect. All the relay connections were powered as needed. Here were the issues.
1. There is no power at the fuse
2. The grey test wire does not activate the pump.

It seems like the loss of power occurs at the plug/harness that goes from the tank to the sending unit. I'm betting that either there is a pinched or shorted wire or the fuel pump is bad alltogether.

I am having the same issue with my gn.... My fuse wasnt blown... But it seems like I may have a short or something somewhere in the harness... Was wondering were you able to find the trouble... My other question is could it be a bad ECM

I am having the same issue with my gn.... My fuse wasnt blown... But it seems like I may have a short or something somewhere in the harness... Was wondering were you able to find the trouble... My other question is could it be a bad ECM

Mine turned out to be the pump failed alltogether. IT was actually shorted out. I believe it shorted because there was no hotwire kit installed. The aero pump was drawing to much amperage. I now have a new pump, new Racetronix sending unit with doubled up wiring and a hotwire kit to the front. It's running perfect and the car came to life.