Nice Score!!!

Lookin' good! The rims are just an advertising expense! Much better than the Toyota that looks like a rolling refridgerator.

Exactly!!! People always ask me if I deliver meat. The little Tacoma is a good truck but way too small to carry all that weight around. Driving that thing in heavy wind is down right scary. The bed and shell on that thing is like 8'x8' and acts like a damn sail. :eek:

Hey man thats what it takes now a days look it this way,if you can survive and make $$ now then you can make $$ anytime when the economy is good youll do that much better...

I just did the same thing i stopped expediting as an independent contracter and and started my own carhaul buisness with a couple buddies 12k three maxxed out credit cards and one loan on an 08 dodge ram duallie later im in buisness...

Sometimes you gotta stick your neck out and who better to do it for than yourself and your family? I could have built a decent motor and tranny for the gn and still had enough to put down on a forclosed house but i figured i better get more $$ rollin in first ...

looks great.... like the blacked out grille/clear lights..... still undecided on the wheels....but much better than stock....

aaron

looks great.... like the blacked out grille/clear lights..... still undecided on the wheels....but much better than stock....

aaron

Thanks!!! Yeah the wheels are so so but I got them for $400 plus shipping. Its really tuff to find wheels for OBS Suburbans in 5x5 bolt pattern with the correct amount of backspacing. The rims are actually meant for 92-95 Caprices and Impalas. I am going to slam it so the dimensions actually worked out. They are 22x8.5 +15 offset with 5.4 inch backspacing which should tuck something nasty when I lower it. Once its lowered I think they will look kinda sick.

You're right though, they do look a lot better than the mags that are on it now.

Being self employed you should find an accountant to help you set up a business. It's amazing the amount of $$$ you can save by setting it up right and not getting taxed as hard.
My wife is a CPA, but she is mainly only familiar with IL laws, so she probably couldn't help you out much.

My compressor is kinda old (so dont laugh) and needs a few parts but runs like a champ. I have a few diamond plate tool chests that are gonna mount where the 2nd row of seats were. I want it to look like a fire truck on the inside lol. The jacks are going on the diamond plate next to the compressor and they will be secured by a square tubed latching mechanism or ratchet straps. Once I am done mocking everything up, my welder is gonna fab up a cargo cage behind the front seats to protect me and a passenger from flying equipment in the event of a collision. The compressor and air tank are mounted to bolts welded to floor pan so they are pretty secure. Its the airhose that worries me!!!
009.jpg

008.jpg

007-2.jpg

011-2-1.jpg

So... what are you going to call your business? Curious minds want to know!

Neat set up in the back. I like how you ran the airhose. Very clever, I think.

I forgot to mention.... I might reconsider where you have your compressor mounted. Getting that spare out is going to be a bugger, isn't it?

So... what are you going to call your business? Curious minds want to know!

Neat set up in the back. I like how you ran the airhose. Very clever, I think.

Thanks!!! It's funny you ask what I am calling my business. All of the service people at the dealership calls me "The Wheel Guy" so I decided to call it just that. It's easy to remember and is the standard "slang" used at most of the dealerships when they refer to us recon guys ie "bumper guy, window guy, interior guy, ding guy, and wheel guy". Once I get my window decals on I think it will be really easy for people in traffic to remember. I have a cool phone # to...it's (424) 2-FIX-RIM

I forgot to mention.... I might reconsider where you have your compressor mounted. Getting that spare out is going to be a bugger, isn't it?

I wanted to mount the compressor in a different location but I needed the exhuast and pull start to point out of the vehicle. Believe me I spent numerous hours out in the driveway staring into the Burb and visualizing how I wanted things to look and function. Where the compressor sits is the only location that works. It's bolted down to two studs that are welded to the floor and by a bracket that bolts into holes that formerly held the 3rd row seat. Oh, plus there's quick disconnect between the compressor and air tank. Removing the compressor to change a flat would take 5 minutes. Its a pain but offset by the fact that I have an onboard air supply so I can use my impact to spin off lugs. So the total amount of time to change a flat would be the same be it that I don't have to fuss with a tire iron.

Are you gonna fab some exhaust for the compressor so fumes dont build up in the cabin???

Are you gonna fab some exhaust for the compressor so fumes dont build up in the cabin???

I thought about it but I don't have enough room to do so. The Burb has barn doors in the back so most of the fumes blow straight out. I thought about having a snorkle type exhaust made for it that routes exhaust up through the roof but then I will have water leakage issues. I cant route it through the floor because the gas tank sits right below the compressor. So all I can do leave it be, rolll down all the windows and of course open the back doors when I run it.

I put the rims on it today. I'm gonna skip the static drop and just bag it.

013-3-1.jpg

012-2.jpg

I wanted to mount the compressor in a different location but I needed the exhuast and pull start to point out of the vehicle. Believe me I spent numerous hours out in the driveway staring into the Burb and visualizing how I wanted things to look and function. Where the compressor sits is the only location that works. It's bolted down to two studs that are welded to the floor and by a bracket that bolts into holes that formerly held the 3rd row seat. Oh, plus there's quick disconnect between the compressor and air tank. Removing the compressor to change a flat would take 5 minutes. Its a pain but offset by the fact that I have an onboard air supply so I can use my impact to spin off lugs. So the total amount of time to change a flat would be the same be it that I don't have to fuss with a tire iron.

That sounds well thought out. I can now see the logic you used in making that determination... Well done, son!

Here's a suggestion for you Terik. If the muffler is screw on like most small engines then use a screw together pipe set up to send it out of the cabin. This would also make it quieter as well which would be another benifit. Screw it together when you open the door and take it apart when you're done.

Here's a suggestion for you Terik. If the muffler is screw on like most small engines then use a screw together pipe set up to send it out of the cabin. This would also make it quieter as well which would be another benifit. Screw it together when you open the door and take it apart when you're done.

I didn't think of that. Thanks man I'm gonna play with that idea.

LOL Glad I could help you Terik.

It makes sense though. On my bosses other truck he has a car muffler on the compressor. That compressor is lot quieter. The one on the Tacoma is a 11hp engine so its loud as gardeners on Saturday morning. Mine is a bit smaller @ 6.5hp so its not too bad.

It makes sense though. On my bosses other truck he has a car muffler on the compressor. That compressor is lot quieter. The one on the Tacoma is a 11hp engine so its loud as gardeners on Saturday morning. Mine is a bit smaller @ 6.5hp so its not too bad.

yup, we make loud generators, you should hear our diesels...:biggrin: