Nice Score!!!

terik.m

I thought GNs are black
I have spent the last couple weeks deciding what to do with some cash I saved up. At first I was thinking about grabbing some hi-po parts for the TR but I had a change of heart. I realized that I am tired of making $$$ for other people. The company I currently work for is going thru some changes and I am not too happy about it so its time to go solo. So over the last few months I have been gathering up all the equipment I need to start my own mobile alloy wheel repair service. It's a risk but hey that's what's life is about right. So instead of building the stroker I bought a work truck. It's a 1992 Chevy Burb 1500 with only 105k miles on the 350 engine. I bought it from the original owner who took really good care of it and documented everything including recall repairs. He sold it to me for $2000. If all else fails, which won't because I am one determine mofo ;), then I can tow the Buick around when needed. BTW pardon my driveway...There's Buick sweat everywhere LOL.

DSC06020.jpg

DSC06022.jpg

DSC06023.jpg

DSC06024.jpg

DSC06025.jpg

Dam Terik, what a steal. Smart move btw, seperating wants from needs. Its too bad more people didnt think like you.

There would be a hellova a lot less broke people on this board liven week to week if they would pull their head otta their ass and invest in their future vs. their impulses for instant gradification. $2k? Cant get hurt on that.

Dam Terik, what a steal. Smart move btw, seperating wants from needs. Its too bad more people didnt think like you.

There would be a hellova a lot less broke people on this board liven week to week if they would pull their head otta their ass and invest in their future vs. their impulses for instant gradification. $2k? Cant get hurt on that.

My gf and I were talking about that. I have always wanted to own my business. People keep telling me that I should wait because the economy is crap right now. I figure that even if I bombed I would still make as much if not more $$$ than I do now in 1/3 of the time.

$2k was a steal. I would have liked to get something newer but I am trying to keep startup costs low. A plummer's truck ie Chevy 3500 would have been ideal but they are really expensive. In the future I can upgrade to a larger 3500 truck that would accomodate a small paint booth and a wheel straightening machine. But for right now the Burb is going to more than enough to meet my needs be it that most people (Euro car owners) prefer to have cosmetic curb rash damage performed while the wheel is on the vehicle.

The video below is exactly what I do. This is not me but it gives you an idea of how cosmetic wheel repairs are done.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b41nLFO5enk[/YOUTUBE]

I figure that even if I bombed I would still make as much if not more $$$ than I do now in 1/3 of the time.

1st fact of being successful in running/owning your own business is that while everyone else is working normal business hours you only have to work 1/2 a day because you are working for yourself. Its up to you which 12 hours you choose to work.

Nice truck!

1st fact of being successful in running/owning your own business is that while everyone else is working normal business hours you only have to work 1/2 a day because you are working for yourself. Its up to you which 12 hours you choose to work.

You mean all those 14-16 hours days I was working too much for myself!:eek: I'm going to cut back to 12 hr days

Okay you've made the decision. Now take a few hours and do the financial necessities. I've owned two small business for many years. Find a good small business accountant and decide whether you want to be a sole proprietor, LLC, S-Corp or some sort of partnership. All have their advantages and disadvantages.

There are many tax advantages to owning your own business find them all baby!

If you want some ideas PM me and we'll talk.

Mikey

Start your business now! Dont listen to anybody who tells you to wait. Long as you have the drive and do good work you will be fine. I started a roofing company in 07 everybody said i was an idiot and construction and economy was crashing. I now am biggest company in the county and loaning money to the contractors that called me an idiot. Good luck start it and run with it!

HAHA, I haven't heard it called that before quite amazing. What would you call mine? Buick bile? :biggrin:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v715/Jordan_J/Buick/IMG_1551.jpg

Anyway, nice score on the Burb and good luck with your job!

Thanks!!! LOL...our HOA's Nazi's send us notices all the time about the stains.
Every Saturday morning I am out there like clock work masking the stains over with that oil kitty litter from A'zone. The rain washes it away tho :p

Thanks!!! LOL...our HOA's Nazi's send us notices all the time about the stains.
Every Saturday morning I am out there like clock work masking the stains over with that oil kitty litter from A'zone. The rain washes it away tho :p

nice Burb... just scored a 94 Lincoln Mark VIII... bill of sale reads 300 bones:eek:

Really nice buy!

P.S. 83turbo, the animations in your signature always give me a chuckle.

Very smart rational thinking and you did get a killer deal! Best to you with your job/ profession! :smile:

Terik, wuts the rate for wheel repair my son has a couple with damage like in the video but they aren't polished

Very smart rational thinking and you did get a killer deal! Best to you with your job/ profession! :smile:
Thanks!!!

nice Burb... just scored a 94 Lincoln Mark VIII... bill of sale reads 300 bones:eek:
Nice deal. I have always like those but Ive been fond of the Rivieras from those years.

Terik, wuts the rate for wheel repair my son has a couple with damage like in the video but they aren't polished

I charge $75 per wheel because it's a fair price. The only time I charge more than that is when I repair exotics. Most of the wheel guys around here charge $100-$150 per wheel for spot repairs, which in my opinion is way too much for just repairing curb rash.

Sounds like a good business to work for yourself. I do hvac and have been starting to about going on my own. Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Here's a few updated pics of the Burb. My camera died on me before I can take pics of the inside but I installed my air supply, jack rack, and tool storage. Anyways, I got rid of the side moulding, blacked out the wheel well trim, put on a black grill, and bought a set of 22" rims. My gf gave me sh*t for buying rims for work truck but I have a good reason. I told her "How am I going to own a mobile rim repair business without rims on my work truck. That's like me working at Men's Warehouse in a sweatsuit!!!." ;) The rims are Gotti but I like them.

Every day I drive this and I friggin hate it!!!!! I feel like and look like such a nerd in it. Plus I get punked in traffic.

DSC06019.jpg

In a few months I will be mobbin the Burb. Heres the pics of me test fitting the rims. My buddy has a set of drop spindles and springs he's willing to give me that would lower the front about 5 inches and my welder is gonna install a flip kit and notch out back which would drop the rear down 5 to 7 inches. Tomorrow I will post pics of the interior.

001-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

Lookin' good! The rims are just an advertising expense! Much better than the Toyota that looks like a rolling refridgerator.