NGK UR5 plugs

jemook

For the NGK UR5 spark plugs recommended for our cars, mine being basically stock and running about 15# of boost.. Is there a particular part number listed other than UR5. I see copper core and the new V-Power advertised. So can anyone give me a good part number and a decent place to buy them. Thanks.
JOHN

Do a search........Some recommend NGK YR5's over the UR5''s .
The YR5's are a non projected tip spark plug.
My understanding is that there is less potential for detonation. I've changed over to these last year and have run them all season with no issues.

pn for UR5s : is 2771.... at least that's what's stuck in my head and what it used to be.

I will run out to garage and double check.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

YR5 plugs here. I like them and I've been abusing them for 2 years.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

You guys with the YR5s - are you still gapping the same as UR5s? Have you noticed any difference at all over the UR5s?

I havent used UR5 plugs. I dont want to tell you wrong information. I can't remember for sure but I believe I have them gapped around 0.030". Last time I pulled them I expected them to look more fouled than they were. So far so good with me

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure I've got my YR5's gapped at 0.030" too. Only street driving duty here, but no issues.

Yeah I used to gap mine at .028 - I have a TR-6 ignition and put it back to .032-.035 now.... I was just wondering if the YR5s need different gapping.

Yeah I used to gap mine at .028 - I have a TR-6 ignition and put it back to .032-.035 now.... I was just wondering if the YR5s need different gapping.

Tr6 likes being hotwired on the coil side and a .026 gap either way.

Nothing wrong with using a UR5(2771)plug with alky. I have been using them for years at 30 plus psi without issue.