Next steps...

we are only open on saturdays here... our track is pretty gay. and other news... car runs awesome at 27psi now. prob running around a m14 nozzle for meth and 60# injectors. Hotwiring the fuel pump tomorrow, and finding some electric fans finally, and window tint... sickness! Sadly i'm almost maxing out the TT chip I have already for fuel addition. this new turbo is pretty wicked compared to stock. So it seems (to keep up with the thread title) the next steps are as follows...

Ported TB and Intake manifold from WFO
Ported Irons from Stagemonster
stock 87 cam...has more duration and lift than the 85 cam and still works good for stock converter.
80# injectors
New TT chip

we are only open on saturdays here... our track is pretty gay. and other news... car runs awesome at 27psi now. prob running around a m14 nozzle for meth and 60# injectors. Hotwiring the fuel pump tomorrow, and finding some electric fans finally, and window tint... sickness! Sadly i'm almost maxing out the TT chip I have already for fuel addition. this new turbo is pretty wicked compared to stock. So it seems (to keep up with the thread title) the next steps are as follows...

stock 87 cam...has more duration and lift than the 85 cam and still works good for stock converter.
80# injectors
New TT chip

Do yourself a favor......if your gonna go that far as to tear down the motor to put a cam in.......PUT A REAL CAM IN!!!!! Not that much difference in performance between a hot air or intercooled cam. I will even go farther and say they are practically the same.

Pete

really? i heard there was a noticable difference. hmm well i can get my hands on a 212 212 comp cams to throw in but its meant for a 3k stall and i'm still stock afaik.

really? i heard there was a noticable difference. hmm well i can get my hands on a 212 212 comp cams to throw in but its meant for a 3k stall and i'm still stock afaik.

You can pick up a 204/214 cam and just about max the clearence of the valve guides. Quite a bit different than stock and if you're qoing to go flat tappet this is a pretty decent replacement.:smile:

Cam

You can pick up a 204/214 cam and just about max the clearence of the valve guides. Quite a bit different than stock and if you're qoing to go flat tappet this is a pretty decent replacement.:smile:

I was going to suggest the same thing. The only cam you will ever need. Idled great and pulls hard with a stock or upgraded converter. I have a brand new one still in the box. Let me know.

well remember this is a junkyard build pretty much. see how far I can go with peoples parts that are laying around or make them myself. I have access to a stock 86-87 cam, and or a 212-212 cam. Which should I go with? Remember will be put on with hogged out heads, ported intake manifold, ported throttle body.

Oh and last night was fun! Regal vs speed3 dig race won by 3 cars, same result 3 times. Speed3 is a verified at 350whp and 400wtq... Roll race from 10mph 1.5 car win and still pulling.

well remember this is a junkyard build pretty much. see how far I can go with peoples parts that are laying around or make them myself. I have access to a stock 86-87 cam, and or a 212-212 cam. Which should I go with? Remember will be put on with hogged out heads, ported intake manifold, ported throttle body.

Oh and last night was fun! Regal vs speed3 dig race won by 3 cars, same result 3 times. Speed3 is a verified at 350whp and 400wtq... Roll race from 10mph 1.5 car win and still pulling.

How much plainer can you put it. If you're going through all the trouble of breaking the engine down why would anyone go back with a stock cam. As I have said earlier there is no difference in performance between any year stock cam from 84-87. Just another myth that all things 86-87 are better. But it's your ride do as you wish.

How much plainer can you put it. If you're going through all the trouble of breaking the engine down why would anyone go back with a stock cam. As I have said earlier there is no difference in performance between any year stock cam from 84-87. Just another myth that all things 86-87 are better. But it's your ride do as you wish.

ok so its just the 86-87 intercooled cars are just all around superior thing that i'm hearing. sounds possible. Next question why would I want a 204-214 cam over a 212-212? Sorry for the questions. I'm just tryin to figure this stuff out.

ok so its just the 86-87 intercooled cars are just all around superior thing that i'm hearing. sounds possible. Next question why would I want a 204-214 cam over a 212-212? Sorry for the questions. I'm just tryin to figure this stuff out.

The difference is the intake and the intercooler. The pre 86-87 cars are a little different but need all the help they can get.:smile:

80# injectors
New TT chip

i have a ported TB. the one that was on my car. it has all the vac. ports welded shut but its a nice unit. let me know

Next question why would I want a 204-214 cam over a 212-212? Sorry for the questions. I'm just tryin to figure this stuff out.

I've never ran a 212 but I can say from experience and many can atest to this, the 204-214 idles like a stocker pulls like a mother f*&^%$ up top. And if your going to be running the stock converter you won't be losing anything on the bottom end. But if you decide to upgrade the converter you still won't loose anything. Plus many have gone bottom 10's with this cam.

I've never ran a 212 but I can say from experience and many can atest to this, the 204-214 idles like a stocker pulls like a mother f*&^%$ up top. And if your going to be running the stock converter you won't be losing anything on the bottom end. But if you decide to upgrade the converter you still won't loose anything. Plus many have gone bottom 10's with this cam.

And that's why I chose to get one for my car.:biggrin:

Here's some pics:

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 204
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 193
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 195
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 189
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 189
Gonna need a trip thru the parts washer fo sho. :D

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 181
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 189
WFO nice, i have ported TB as well for sale. i will sale my current intake soon

if you want a rjc flange and pipe, i have one for sale. it was fabbed from 5" to 4" with a/c on a intercooled car. but it would be something to start with. 250 shipped i guess. p.m. me if you are interested. i have a pic in the parts for sale area.