Next steps...

motor is finally outa the car. time to clean it up tomorrow... and also had some bad luck. took the motor out of the car and found that the transmission case was cracked in a spot. Pretty bad too. We shall see what is in store for that.

ok umm more bad news. it wasnt just the head gasket... part of the block melted away... so i am now looking for a good short block, either 3.8 or 4.1 or just find a junkyard ls v8 and twin turbo it... either way ill prob be able to make something work for fairly cheap.

ok umm more bad news. it wasnt just the head gasket... part of the block melted away... so i am now looking for a good short block, either 3.8 or 4.1 or just find a junkyard ls v8 and twin turbo it... either way ill prob be able to make something work for fairly cheap.

That's what happens when you run an engine too lean, red hot molten metal. Just like operating a blow torch. Just think if you had enough fuel to go with that 27 PSI you may have even run 12.10-20's.

ya i'm aware...sadly. I think I'm done tuning turbo buicks on 02 mv alone. If I stay with a buick v6 in here it will have a wideband 02 sensor. End of story.

all fun and games till some one gets hurt...
003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

and now the point were the day went down hill
IMG00013-20110506-1510.jpg

I didn't even take pics of the bearings or the pushrods... it seems this motor had a hard life before i got her. bearings were blue and the pushrods had two spots of rust on them which usually means the motor sat at one time for a long period without being ran.

So my question is: How did the #3 combustion chamber and head fare after that?

Any idea what caused it to detonate? Not enough alky.. 60s to small for E85 and 27psi?.. tired Walbro fuel pump? Did you have knock on the first 2 runs?

That sucks it took the block with it. Hopefully you keep it hot air but tt lsx sounds pretty good too

someone i know has some turbo 3.8's in his garage. going to see if i can get those for the same or cheaper than my junkyard 6.0 i just found.

ya idk i thought i left timing alone in 3-4 gear... but something def went wrong in that one cylinder.

Could be as simple as: Dirty (Detonation) or leaking (pre-Ignition) Injector, injector wiring harness or Oil in the chamber. :mad:

ya it just sucks when everything else looked good...well except every bearing lol. but ya right now money is making me lean to the ls junkyard build. you know the 6.0 iron block truck motor (stock) with an ls6 intake manifold 44mm gate, and an 88mm turbo on like 10-15psi. Should be an easy 9sec setup on this vehicle.

ya it just sucks when everything else looked good...well except every bearing lol. but ya right now money is making me lean to the ls junkyard build. you know the 6.0 iron block truck motor (stock) with an ls6 intake manifold 44mm gate, and an 88mm turbo on like 10-15psi. Should be an easy 9sec setup on this vehicle.

Yeah, that should make stupid power.
Good luck!