Newly Registered Seasoned Watcher

azbob

I have been following the board for about two years and last November I finally acquired a 1987 GN T-top. The car is unique as it was purchased in Tuscon at Royal Buick and the original owner was Linda Ronstats sister. I have all of the original documents for the purchase, plus a three ring binder of the history on the car. Presently, there are too many aftermarket modification/additions:wink: to list and they keep getting added to as time progresses.

Thanks for the welcome. I have a picture folder but am not sure how to send back to you. Will investigate.

You can post 'em up on the site, but I think you need 4 posts first?? There's a section here for such posts, also.

hello

hi, post your mods when you get a chance. Watch out, these cars will take you from hobby to obsession to addiction. Once you go black..........:D

Welcome Bob. I just joined today. Been reading here for a couple of years also. I've been putting a T-type back together for awhile and these guys have saved me a lot of money. Hope to have the WH1 on the road in a couple of weeks.

Forgot to mention. I am in Arizona also. Living in Maricopa and travel to Firebird Raceway where I've met a couple of great Turbo Buick addicts.

Help new member. What can I expect with this setup.

What should my next steps be. Tweak O2 down to what?

I bought my 1986, WH1 Designer's series Turbo T-Type car about 5 years ago in pieces and have been putting it back together ever since. Keeping kids cars running was more important but they are all out of the house now. The previous owner fried a main bearing. The motor, transmission, & rearend were out of it in pieces. After seeing several Grand Nationals on the Firebird Raceway dragstrip here, I had to have one. The car has Astroroof, PA, PW, TW, CC, AL drums, posi, AM/FM cassette, & R Defog.

Added KB stainless steel headers and exhaust on back, stainless steel THDP, both powdercoated, with cutout, comp cams hydraulic 204/214 degrees@.050 bumpstick, ported heads and intake, and KB chips for different octane levels to monitor boost. 50 pound injectors, Breathers in both valve covers. Oil pressure, boost, fuel pressure, and Autometer tach with shift light gauges were added with the 145 mph speedometer. When it hits boost it makes the passengers pucker. No quarter mile times yet but I'll follow-up. I have a water temp gauge and line-loc not yet installed. Stall speed is ~3000. Big transmission cooler installed. Scanmaster installed. Higher flow fuel pump, unsure of flow rating, and adjustable regulator. 61/31 turbo. Stock intercooler. Adjustable boost regulator. I have 100 Octane unleaded in the fuel tank. ARP studs throughout.

Attachments

• 86 T-Type (2).jpg
    86 T-Type (2).jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 162
VERY nice!! :smile: One comment.... those Kenne Bell chips are ancient technology, and considered junk by most. Chips have come a LONG way since ol' KB dropped out of the Buick scene. Consider investing in a Turbo Tweak chip. You can get them for different octanes if you so desire, and they are adjustable for fuel/timing in the different gear ranges.... though alot of people pop them in, and have no desire to ever touch them again.. :smile: They're that good.... check out TurboTweak Home. Eric burns a custom chip for your exact combo and offers great followup support if needed. Nice to have you! :cool:

I did not want to generate a list but here goes; TE 44 turbo, adjustable wastegate actuator, Grainger manual boost control, 3 inch SS downpipe, 3 inch HP cat, 2-1/2 inch Hooker cat back, Pit Bull Chip, 36# injectors, KB cam and kit 218/218, Edelbrock double roller timing chain, KB high volume oil pump kit, forged pistons, Steve monroe TB and plenum, 14 inch K&N cold air intake, RJC plenum spacer, Shift kit, Aluminum radiator, Dual fans, Walbro 340, Hot wire kit for fuel pump, Center body mounts, all added body bracing, and on order TT chip and 60# mototron injectors. Just Put the boost and knock gauges in and will be opening up my opening in the turbo to reduce spike.
As you can see my addiction is verifiable.

"As you can see my addiction is verifiable"

Amen brother, that's a stout machine!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not want to generate a list but here goes; TE 44 turbo, adjustable wastegate actuator, Grainger manual boost control, 3 inch SS downpipe, 3 inch HP cat, 2-1/2 inch Hooker cat back, Pit Bull Chip, 36# injectors, KB cam and kit 218/218, Edelbrock double roller timing chain, KB high volume oil pump kit, forged pistons, Steve monroe TB and plenum, 14 inch K&N cold air intake, RJC plenum spacer, Shift kit, Aluminum radiator, Dual fans, Walbro 340, Hot wire kit for fuel pump, Center body mounts, all added body bracing, and on order TT chip and 60# mototron injectors. Just Put the boost and knock gauges in and will be opening up my opening in the turbo to reduce spike.
As you can see my addiction is verifiable.

I can verify that you will be getting a alky kit and sending that chip back to get reburned for alky in the future.... welcome to the sickness.

Chuck