8445 heads-large valves-ported and polished by JB Racing in Montreal Canada
TT 5.7 110 race chip
Tuning with NB and PL
AC 16930

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 598
Scooby looks like i got the same setup too, but on E85. Let me see what i can get out of her lol.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

We have pretty much the same build but I am not running your mph. :(
What was your boost and timing?
Did you lock the tc?
Was this on race gas or pump gas+alky?
Thanks for any help you can give me to get that mph.

Did you lock the tc?

You really have to know what you're engine likes in regard to timing/fueling. I bracket/grudge race my car most weekends spring to fall...so I have a pretty good idea what I can/can't get away with. I'm up here in Canada...and you can make some silly HP in the fall when the air is "clean". :)

You really have to know what you're engine likes in regard to timing/fueling. I bracket/grudge race my car most weekends spring to fall...so I have a pretty good idea what I can/can't get away with. I'm up here in Canada...and you can make some silly HP in the fall when the air is "clean". :)

I know I can push my boost/timing further currently 25#/20*) but I am just curious as to what boost/timing you are running. Are they really high? Are you running race gas or 93+alky?
The weather here will be in the 40's this weekend when I go to test and tune, so that will be fairly cool.

Did you lock the tc?

I think it would hurt your et and mph if you were to lock your converter. It will drag the rpm down too far through the 8th. After the 660' it might help though.

Wish I had kept my 6262 and just swapped to a bigger turbine housing. Those times are pretty good Scooby. I think there are some 1.4's to be had launching it in the sweet spot. My best mph with the 6262 was 103mph but could only manage 7.0 because of traction issue. Every single pass I made I let out the throttle because of wheel spin/hop was so violent.

I think it would hurt your et and mph if you were to lock your converter. It will drag the rpm down too far through the 8th. After the 660' it might help though.

Wish I had kept my 6262 and just swapped to a bigger turbine housing. Those times are pretty good Scooby. I think there are some 1.4's to be had launching it in the sweet spot. My best mph with the 6262 was 103mph but could only manage 7.0 because of traction issue. Every single pass I made I let out the throttle because of wheel spin/hop was so violent.

There's a little more left in it. The 60's were pretty much maxed out...so I couldn't go all in. Going with 80's and a 340 LPH pump next spring...and the fuel line kit from Racetronix. I'll max the turbo out and see what it does. Goal is 6.5x at 106.x. :)

There's a little more left in it. The 60's were pretty much maxed out...so I couldn't go all in. Going with 80's and a 340 LPH pump next spring...and the fuel line kit from Racetronix. I'll max the turbo out and see what it does. Goal is 6.5x at 106.x. :)
You'll kill that goal once your fuel is straightened out. You are close to being ready for a 67mm.

Did you lock the tc?

I agree with 20psiofevil. Locking your convertor would likely worsen your 1/8th mile time. I use an old skool AC 16930 NL convertor...seems to work well with this combo. The governor in my trans is altered somewhat...so it shifts a tad higher than stock.;)

Last edited:
Here's my latest time for my 6262 billet turbo. 6.72 at 104.67

Stock std bore 109
Stock pistons
Stock rods
Stock timing chain/gears
Stock crank
Stock rockers
212/212 off the shelf flat tappet cam
8445 heads-large valves-ported and polished by JB Racing in Montreal Canada
TT 5.7 110 race chip
Tuning with NB and PL
AC 16930
Very simple stupid , great job . Those 6262's are nasty , great turbo

High gear timing was on Erics default setting...low gear timing was 4 degrees over his low gear default setting. I ran 112 octane that day. Boost was in the mid 20's.

There are head porters...and there are head porters... and the guy that does mine is the latter.:) He also backfilled and contoured/matched the doghouse for the Champion stock appearing intake. I also run a Champion 3/4" spacer with a Steve Monroe 62mm TB.