Newer GM Delco radio

Figured it out didn't. I had one of the connections in the wrong place, took it up to the stereo shop and they figured it out in all of about 3 secs.

I just received part #16140051 from gmpartsdirect and the only thing in the box is an antenna adapter :mad: Is the wiring harness also supposed to be included?

GM # 16140051 is the correct number. Someone removed the harness and sold you just the adapter.

There should be both in the box.

www.jaysgn.com has correct 12to21 already made up...I bought one & it worked perfectly. I'm not sure if the antenna adapter came w/ it or not, but you can get it from them.

The Darkside :cool:

Monsoon CD Player...

I am in the process of purchasing two of these systems for my Buicks. I guess I'm far from the first and they supposedly work exceptionally!!

Just took the Pioneer CD player I had in mine and replaced with a GM unit I got on ebay. Was in a 2001 Silverado and looks like new. Has the cooling fan and speed volume control. Had an all black face on it too. The slide in brackets that were on it had to be removed and did a little surgery on the stock factory radio brackets for it to mount properly. Also used the Metra 70-1862 conversion harness and worked perfectly.

The only splice I made was in the power antenna wire to put in a switch to turn the antenna off or on. Mostly listen to CD's and no sense in the antenna always working.

I DO have a problem however. Whenever I try to advance to the next track on a CD if I don't want to listen to the song, the farther I get into the disc it eventually freezes up and then the time on the clock goes to 1:00! Really pisses me off and can't seem to figure out why. It will also do this if I hit the Random button. Doesn't matter if I hit the seek button or the next button it will eventually freeze up. I can however listen to a CD all the way thru without a problem. Since I don't drive the GN that much I can probably live with it but it would drive me nuts if it was in my daily driver.

One other thing, how can the variable speed volume control be hooked up to work on our cars??

I bought a CD player from Jaysgn that plugs right in no problem it's from a 02 Pontiac.
Little pricey around $400.00
Only thing is at night the lights are orange.

I've always wondered if we could drop a Nav system from GM or the one that mopar uses in the magnums and 300's.......

BuickGn Boosted said:
I DO have a problem however. Whenever I try to advance to the next track on a CD if I don't want to listen to the song, the farther I get into the disc it eventually freezes up and then the time on the clock goes to 1:00! Really pisses me off and can't seem to figure out why. It will also do this if I hit the Random button. Doesn't matter if I hit the seek button or the next button it will eventually freeze up. I can however listen to a CD all the way thru without a problem. Since I don't drive the GN that much I can probably live with it but it would drive me nuts if it was in my daily driver.

Update! Ended up sending the unit back to the ebay seller I got it from and he made good on it. Said the main circuit board was shorting out.