New Type Of Gauge Pod!!!!

June 7, 2002

Auto Meter Products, Inc.
413 West Elm Street
Sycamore, IL 60178
Attn: New Product Request

Subject: Replacement A Pillar Molding Gauge Holder for Buick Turbo Regal

Dear Reader,

The Buick TR community desperately needs a quality, replacement A pillar molding gauge holder.

TR equals Turbo Regal equals Grand Nationals, T Types, Turbo Ts, GNXs, and more. A total of 111,711 TRs were produced between 1978 and 1987. The uniquely faithful following associated with these wonderful cars has resulted in the demand for aftermarket parts being stronger than ever.

The only options at present are ***** units. The fit of these units is quite poor, the TR community is well aware and has generally stayed away. As a result, those of us who mount A pillar gauges are obliged to use a pod, and hack up the OEM A pillar molding. The OEM A pillar molding is discontinued, with used moldings being extremely scarce and generally in poor condition.

I understand from recent discussions with Auto Meter that your Gauge Works arm is very busy. However, do us this favor and I promise that not only will Auto Meter be extremely pleased with sales of these moldings, but that the good will you've shown will spill over into your gauge line as well. The TR community stands behind its quality suppliers, especially when we understand they’ve gone out of their way.

Initially, the greatest demand will be for a 2, nominal 2” gauge unit. I’d be happy to provide Auto Meter with an OEM A pillar molding to use as a go-by.

Thanks very much for your kind consideration.

Sincerely,

Last edited by strikeeagle on June 7th, 2002 at 12:05 PM

I had a Lotek gauge pod in my turbo Eclipse and it fit like a factory piece. The only problem I had was finding a way to keep it attached to the frame, but the buick pod shouldn't have that problem since it uses screws through the a-piller molding. I already have a Lotek pod for my t-type, but haven't installed it yet, will post as soon as I do.

I'll take one also.Incidently, Conley carries an A pillow replacement with 2 21/16 pods in it.I bought one but haven't used it because I like the larger guages.

Would take (2) for both cars...........HTH'ED get it going.

Maybe set up an E-,ail to get adresses. Just a thought.

I did some quick math and from all the post on these gauges that I put up, there are a total of 31 different people that have posted on this topic. I really think that their needs to be more people in before I make a proposal to a gauge pod manufacture. So if you would be interested in getting one and have not posted, please do!!!

Thanks to all that have posted!!!
Jason

Damn,
I'm in!!! Except I would just want 3x2 1/16" holes. Boost, EGT, and knock....

Derrick

Count me in, I'd take the one with 2 2-1/16 pods. I can't get my single pod to stay on the pillar without butchering the factory piece!

thanks,