New to turbo buick

ThatTurboKid

Hi Guys!! My name is Nick and im new to turbo Buick. I am probably gunna get hated on for only being 15. But with that aside I am a car lover and love learning about turbo Buicks. I have restored meny cars with my dad and we both love the Grand National the best so far. As of now were doing a frame off restoration on my 1987 grand national. I think I am very advanced on the "know how" to do thing with cars for my age. With all that being said I am very interested in learning how to work on and learn more about the turbo Buicks!!!.

You'll get more hatin for your triple post than your age
clear.png
.:)
Be sure to go here: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/info-for-new-turbo-regal-owners.380856/ for a good start on info to read. I'm still a newbie myself but have learned a lot from the great folks on this board. You are in the right place, enjoy!

You got a great dad! Good luck with your restoration.

Good for you! I had my 1st GN at 18 and am on my 3rd TR now and still learning! They are awesome machines. Once you have the Black Brick syndrome you can't be cured. That'd have been really cool to do a frame off at that age! One word of advise: when you get the motor and things specific to a TR, do lots of reading and then read some more. Lots of guys have blown up their LC2s with thinking the Small Block Chevy knowledge applies. The engines are complete different beasts than anything normally aspirated. Guys on here for the most part are super knowledgeable and eager to help. Determining early on your end goal for the car will keep you moving in the right direction without wasting resources.
Welcome to the TR world!

We need more young guys to take over from us old coots when we can't drive any more! Welcome aboard and keep updating your restoration.

Welcome to the TR family, looks like you have a solid car to work with. I noticed there's a precision turbo sitting next to the intercooler in the one pic.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Nick,
I think we talked last week on the phone.:)
Don't worry about your age. Heck! After talking to you, you're more on the ball than some of the "Gurus" we have here :D. Dude! You should be totally stoked to have a GN. If you saw what I drove when I was your age, you'd laugh:eek:. Make yourself at home. Lots of good people here. Here's a bunch of info to get you started, that I talked about. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/info-for-new-turbo-regal-owners.380856/
Don't get too uptight if you don't understand it all yet. You'll be teaching your old man before you know it:D.
Nick, you are the future of keeping these legendary cars going. We need you. Let us know what you need and if you have any questions.
Feel free to PM or call me if you have any questions.

Welcome to the site.:)
Happy Spooling.

Mike Barnard
Owner Spoolfool Productions

Nick,
I think we talked last week on the phone.:)
Don't worry about your age. Heck! After talking to you, you're more on the ball than some of the "Gurus" we have here :D. Dude! You should be totally stoked to have a GN. If you saw what I drove when I was your age, you'd laugh:eek:. Make yourself at home. Lots of good people here. Here's a bunch of info to get you started, that I talked about. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/info-for-new-turbo-regal-owners.380856/
Don't get too uptight if you don't understand it all yet. You'll be teaching your old man before you know it:D.
Nick, you are the future of keeping these legendary cars going. We need you. Let us know what you need and if you have any questions.
Feel free to PM or call me if you have any questions.

Welcome to the site.:)
Happy Spooling.

Mike Barnard
Owner Spoolfool Productions

Listen to Sammy Hagar here

Welcome aboard young gun....Glad to see some of the young guys are still interested in these cars and didn't fall into the import market like the rest...

Sorry guys haven't posted in a while been working hard on the GN. Here are some update photos

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 110
Sorry for the old pics I keep posting need to get more. But this is what I started out with

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 98