New times with the 6262 Billet Journal Bearing

86 TR

Work In Progress
I finally made it to the track yesterday. After porting the wastegate hole to fix my boost problems I made some passes.

I was only running 16-17 psi boost because I don't have a race chip yet. Just running 93 octane with a gallon of 110 just to make sure there was no detonation.

This thing has big top end pull. Now, I realize im going to have to buy a converter because I can't get the car to sixty foot at all!

The car would only 60' at 1.95!:mad: I tried to bring the boost up on the foot brake but could only manage 2psi. Last year with the other turbo I would manage 1.58-1.65 sixty footers consistently. So instead of punishing the trans and car I just made 3 runs and took it back home.

But even with the crappy sixty footer it ran 92.45 in the eighth and 12.004 @ 118 mph in the quarter. I was actually shocked that it ran this much mph with low boost. I can't wait to crank this thing up to make some more power!

It wouldn't even begin to feel good until after sixty feet, then she pulled like a freight train. I was running the dump pipe open and my 02's according to the scanmaster were in the low 800's with 0 knock. So it was a little fat. With a little leaner tune maybe it would have run 120. Who knows.

Overall I am very impressed with this little turbo. I picked up a solid 3+ mph over the TE60 on pump gas. With the TE60 I was running the .63 garrett housing so of course the spool was almost instant.

Im think at least with my car it needs a stall at minimum of 2800 at zero boost. The rest of my mods are in my sig. Im going to order a converter and race chip and go from there. Also Im going to have to get a wideband 02 to really tune this car safely.

More to come!:biggrin:

I finally made it to the track yesterday. After porting the wastegate hole to fix my boost problems I made some passes.

I was only running 16-17 psi boost because I don't have a race chip yet. Just running 93 octane with a gallon of 110 just to make sure there was no detonation.

This thing has big top end pull. Now, I realize im going to have to buy a converter because I can't get the car to sixty foot at all!

The car would only 60' at 1.95!:mad: I tried to bring the boost up on the foot brake but could only manage 2psi. Last year with the other turbo I would manage 1.58-1.65 sixty footers consistently. So instead of punishing the trans and car I just made 3 runs and took it back home.

But even with the crappy sixty footer it ran 92.45 in the eighth and 12.004 @ 118 mph in the quarter. I was actually shocked that it ran this much mph with low boost. I can't wait to crank this thing up to make some more power!

It wouldn't even begin to feel good until after sixty feet, then she pulled like a freight train. I was running the dump pipe open and my 02's according to the scanmaster were in the low 800's with 0 knock. So it was a little fat. With a little leaner tune maybe it would have run 120. Who knows.

Overall I am very impressed with this little turbo. I picked up a solid 3+ mph over the TE60 on pump gas. With the TE60 I was running the .63 garrett housing so of course the spool was almost instant.

Im think at least with my car it needs a stall at minimum of 2800 at zero boost. The rest of my mods are in my sig. Im going to order a converter and race chip and go from there. Also Im going to have to get a wideband 02 to really tune this car safely.

wow very impressive i am thinking of going with the 6262. just got ported irons and intake

nice mph

who ported your heads? they must be flowing really good.........Bob

Here's the timeslip. I don't know how to scan it otherwise I would do that.
I am using an old school RA 93 street chip.

R/T 1.336 (was watching my boost gauge!)
60' 1.905
330' 5.156
1/8 7.783
MPH 92.45
1000' 10.080
1/4 12.004
MPH 118.49

I noticed you are not using alcohol. I wouldn't say 800mv is fat at all. I think you are right on the edge which is perfect. If you didn't have the lil' bit of race juice in there, I bet you would have started to see a little knock.

When you do turn up the boost, do it a lb at a time and adjust fuel accordingly.

Here's the timeslip. I don't know how to scan it otherwise I would do that.
I am using an old school RA 93 street chip.

R/T 1.336 (was watching my boost gauge!)
60' 1.905
330' 5.156
1/8 7.783
MPH 92.45
1000' 10.080
1/4 12.004
MPH 118.49

Wow! 118 is great. Glad to hear you are having good luck with your new set up.

Id get a wideband and monitor a/f more accurately. Your assumptions about being rich are probably correct. Looks like your going in the right direction. It took about 27psi to run 120mph with the 6262 on an un-opened engine. With a 110 or better you should be able to do it at 17-18psi based off you already strong numbers.

Great time on pump gas. It shows what I good set of heads, cam and turbo can do. I am hoping to do around that with my combo when I get it going.

Those are good times with low boost nice job, what tires were you using? What converter are you going with?

Those are good times with low boost nice job, what tires were you using? What converter are you going with?

Im using 28x9 M/T e.t. drag slicks on stock T rims. As far as the converter goes im still not sure yet. I want to talk to Dusty and see what he recommends. Im thinking a 10" 2800-3000 L/U.

Im using 28x9 M/T e.t. drag slicks on stock T rims. As far as the converter goes im still not sure yet. I want to talk to Dusty and see what he recommends. Im thinking a 10" 2800-3000 L/U.

Your right on the money. 2800-3000 will do it.

you'll love the ptc 2800 L/U.. our combos are similar...i had a D5 so it was a big difference for me. its right on the money for the street and track days,dusty helped me alot to figure the correct conv. ...my car rips now. :)

you'll love the ptc 2800 L/U.. our combos are similar...i had a D5 so it was a big difference for me. its right on the money for the street and track days,dusty helped me alot to figure the correct conv. ...my car rips now. :)

That's good news:D . I think the new 62's with a 2800 will be the perfect combination out there for street/strip cars.

Well just got done installing a PTC 10" 2800 L/U converter. All I can say is WOW. Night and day difference over my orange stripe converter. I haven't made it to the track yet but this car freakin rocks. Im only running 16 psi boost right now, but just by swapping out converters this car feels so much powerful.

At a 50 mph hit it will light the tires on command and keep burnin' em!:eek: Awesome spoolup, no lag and drives just like a stocker until you put your foot in it.

I can't wait to go to the track and see what times I will get now. Before, (the times are in my sig), I couldn't get the car to boost over 2psi on the footbrake. It wouldn't even begin to get going until way after 330'..

This converter is loose down low for the spoolup and it seems really tight on the big end.

Now all I have to do is crank the boost up and see what breaks first!:biggrin:

Weather permitting I plan on going to the track this weekend. Stay tuned!

Sorry I forgot to update the thread. Well here are the results. I was only running a 93 street chip from Red. 16 psi boost with pure 93 octane in the tank.

I could only make a couple of passes before it started to rain, not to mention it was really busy. My sixty footers are crap. I can't hold boost at the line, I will be addressing this issue. The best pass was 11.63 @ 115.39. I need to get a race chip and let this turbo breathe somemore then report back.:D My 02's were in the low 800's and had transitional knock at the 2-3 shift point. I was shifting at 5500 rpm.

Here's the timeslip. I left the tune alone to see what difference the converter made. Im very impressed. Now if I could just get this car to hold boost on the brakes.

R/T .799
60' 1.809
330 4.877
1/8 7.464
MPH 94.84
1000 9.713
1/4 11.631
MPH 115.39

Overall I was very impressed to see these numbers on pump gas at only 16 psi boost. The car has never run 94 mph in the 1/8th on pump gas before.

Did you lose a few mph in the quarter from what was posted above? so..went from 12.00 to a 11.63 with only the converter change? what was the 8th mile ET..before & after? Do you have stock heads or what?

Did you lose a few mph in the quarter from what was posted above? so..went from 12.00 to a 11.63 with only the converter change? what was the 8th mile ET..before & after? Do you have stock heads or what?

Yes, it lost a little with the new converter. I think reason being it was so warm out and it was running pretty rich. It did wake the car up on the bottom end substantially. E.T. in the eighth before was 7.783, and now it was 7.464 and the MPH before was 92 and now its 94.84. Just with the converter change it went from 12.00's to 11.63. I need to upgrade the brakes to hold some boost so I can leave about 6 psi or so.

Champion ported iron heads, and intake.