New times with the 6262 Billet Journal Bearing

Yeah..thats sounds good on the 8th ET...I wish I could go with a converter & pick up 3 tenths..did you go non-lockup? If so I guess that could be where you lost a few mph in 1/4 mile..sounds great man..turn that boost up a lil now & lets see what it does!!!

I went with a PTC 10" 2800 L/U. Dusty told me not to lock it at WOT. Yep, turn the boost up and let it eat some. We will see what happens!:eek:

Thanks for posting the updates. I think I finally found the turbo I want. My goal is mid 11's on pump gas. It looks like your combo is the way to go.

Looking forward to future updates. :biggrin:

You lost a lot of MPH from the 1/8 to 1/4. Old run you gained 26.04, lastest run 20.55.

Trans ratio is 1.0, rear gear is 3.42 but you have to have trap rpm to get a calculation.

He picked up 3 tenths and 2mph to the 1/8th and nearly 4 tenths in the 1/4, so I'm not too concerned about the 1/4 mph right now. I'll wait for more track time before I draw any conclusions.

Hopefully I will get some track time this weekend. Its gonna be hot though. Im going to crank up the boost and give it some timing.

I did have a little knock on the 2-3 shift so that could have knocked my MPH down a little.

I will report back when I have some numbers.

I only run 8th mile here anyways..car is still flying..I wanna see it with about 21psi boost & race gas with a race chip & see what happens..whats funny is I ran a lil faster with lil more boost & race chip..not as much as I had expected though..I also lost 60 ft time when going with race chip & racegas..only picked up 1.5 tenth in the 8th with race chip &@3 more lbs of boost..still ran good for a stock headed car I think with minimal tuning & no converter

if the fueling is right it will pick up from the 1/8 to 1/4 i wouldn't worry about that..the PTC converter loves boost..turn it up but be careful..you have a runner there for sure.......Bob

Hopefully I will get some track time this weekend. Its gonna be hot though. Im going to crank up the boost and give it some timing.

I did have a little knock on the 2-3 shift so that could have knocked my MPH down a little.

I will report back when I have some numbers.

Any new times?

Well I finally got a chance to crank the boost up a little. So I figured I would update this thread.

Weather was in the mid-70's, sunny, a bit of a tail wind. I had the boost set at 20psi. My first run off the trailer was a 11.303 @ 121.19 mph. That is with a 1.733 short time. I left the line with 5psi boost. Second pass netted a 11.318 @ 120.18 mph with a 1.690 short time.

I was overall very impressed with these numbers at only 20psi boost. The tech guy wasn't too impressed though. I was told to detune the car otherwise I would have to load it back up and leave for lack of roll cage, axle retention device, etc, etc. So I just run the eight mile and then shut it down for a couple of low 12 passes.

I was fighting some false knock issues though. Both of the low 11 sec passes I was getting 8-10* of KR! I changed out chips and put in a 93 street chip with only 16psi boost and I was also getting the same false knock readings with that too. Fuel pressure was rising with boost with both chips. Come to find out I had broke the torque strap and the drivers side motor mount. Im pretty sure that is what was causing all the knock retard. I had tested this combo on the street a few days before I went to the track and had 0* KR. It might have gone faster without any of the false knock I was getting.

So I have a few things to fix. Also I think its time to upgrade suspension components to plant this power to the track. All im using right now is stock upper and lower control arms (not boxed at all) and 2 airbags. Overall I think the converter is working great. As I left the line with 5psi boost I was stalling to 2950. Then it just turned on like a light switch.

Next outing it will see 24psi+ and then we shall see what kind of numbers I get then.

Here's the timeslip:

R/T 1.090
60' 1.733
330 4.738
1/8 7.260
MPH 97.55
1000 9.447
1/4 11.303
MPH 121.19

Well I finally got a chance to crank the boost up a little. So I figured I would update this thread.

Weather was in the mid-70's, sunny, a bit of a tail wind. I had the boost set at 20psi. My first run off the trailer was a 11.303 @ 121.19 mph. That is with a 1.733 short time. I left the line with 5psi boost. Second pass netted a 11.318 @ 120.18 mph with a 1.690 short time.

I was overall very impressed with these numbers at only 20psi boost. The tech guy wasn't too impressed though. I was told to detune the car otherwise I would have to load it back up and leave for lack of roll cage, axle retention device, etc, etc. So I just run the eight mile and then shut it down for a couple of low 12 passes.

I was fighting some false knock issues though. Both of the low 11 sec passes I was getting 8-10* of KR! I changed out chips and put in a 93 street chip with only 16psi boost and I was also getting the same false knock readings with that too. Fuel pressure was rising with boost with both chips. Come to find out I had broke the torque strap and the drivers side motor mount. Im pretty sure that is what was causing all the knock retard. I had tested this combo on the street a few days before I went to the track and had 0* KR. It might have gone faster without any of the false knock I was getting.

So I have a few things to fix. Also I think its time to upgrade suspension components to plant this power to the track. All im using right now is stock upper and lower control arms (not boxed at all) and 2 airbags. Overall I think the converter is working great. As I left the line with 5psi boost I was stalling to 2850. Then it just turned on like a light switch.

Next outing it will see 24psi+ and then we shall see what kind of numbers I get then.

Here's the timeslip:

R/T 1.090
60' 1.733
330 4.738
1/8 7.260
MPH 97.55
1000 9.447
1/4 11.303
MPH 121.19

crazy!!!!! awesome times

Congrats on your new times!! It looks like you can update the sig!!:biggrin: I can't wait to see what she does when you turn it up a little more. I see 10's for sure at those levels. :cool:

I forgot to mention this was with a TT race chip with 24 timing. I had C-16 in the tank probably overkill but I also pulled 10% fuel in first gear only to help spoolup. O2 numbers were in the low 800's. I need to get a damn wideband. Im playing with fire now. Need to get one before I get burned. I have no idea what a/f ratio is and I need to know that!:eek:

Something else I need to consider too is the transmission. Im going to contact my trans builder and have him throw the best parts in it before I grenade that too!:eek: