New times but have a question

six is enough

Tweaked has a new Home
Ran the car today new best time of 11.029 at 122.23 m.p.h.
Eighth was 6.950 at 100.25. Running e/t drags 28-10.50. Question is I was having to shift to overdrive the last 300 feet of the quarter. Car has the translator+ and extreme chip with rev limiter set at 6000 rpm. Car would hit the rev limiter if not shifted into overdrive. Car has 342 rear end gears. What do I need to do so that Iam not shifting into overdrive.

what converter are you running?

that 1/8 and mph should be easy 10's

you are only picking up 22 mph in the last 1/8...most cars that run that fast in the 1/8 gain 24-26 mph

shifting into od is killing you

Iam running a Hughes 3500 stall converter. The car starts to push through the lights at about 2500 rpm. Sixty foot is 1.59 to 1.80 depending on how car holds at the line. Also the turbo is a pt-54. Do you think maybe another converter is needed? Had tried a 3000 stall and turbo had a lot of lag. So went to the 3500.
Thanks for your reply.

well I guess so if you are running into od at 122 mph

is this a non lock up converter?

your 60's are sorta weak for the times you are running also

consider a Precision multi disk l/u at 3600 stall

Converter is a lockup I thought the chip would lock the converter so I did not man lock it. I have a lu converter that has been restalled to 4400 but I was thinking this would be to much stall. What do you think.

put a wire in your aldl and lock that sucker at about 5000 rpm in third gear

maybe the Hughes can stand earlier lock up, but try that first, you'll pick up 5 mph and .2

most chips do not lock the converter at wot unless specified

uuumm 4400 may be a bit much

you should be able to launch that sucker tho!

lock it in 2nd (buyer beware: if you leave your tranny on the ground, do not call Woody)

Maybe third gear is slipping?? Thinking that only because you didn't pick up much more mph in the second half. When my truck tranny was slipping it would rev up to 7000rpms and go no where when stomped. Had more main line pressure added and now it doesn't rev past 5500 before shifts.